Guys! I need your help with my 5 points

Acatala7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so i spent the last 5 hours installing the Teamtech 5 points. I got everything all nice nice....EXCEPT for the **** strap that comes up the middle. I couldn't find the **** hole (mind out of the gutter please)to place the last bolt. I poked and poked (out of the gutter) but no luck. Can anyone give me a better sense of where it is? As always thanks in advance for the quality advice!
bounce.gif

Dale Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to take a picture but can't tonight; car is on the trailer for the race tomorrow, so I will try and explain as well as I can.
The seat is held down in the front by two bolts. From the center of the head on the inside bolt, the one bolt closet to the transmission tunnel, I measured 5 1/2 inches toward the door. Then the hole is located on the down slope area about 3/4 inches toward the foot well. I used a safety pin to find it. Your right, without some help from another Viper owner, I don’t think I would have ever found it!.
My Viper is a 2000 so I hope this helps.
Dale

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, there are some detailed pictures and measurement dimensions in the TeamTech install instructions that are posted in the Illustrated Upgrades section of this message board. These instructions are the same as the ones that you should have gotten with your TeamTech harnesses. Janni and I wrote the Illustrated Upgrades instructions and provided these same instructions to TeamTech.

If you have trouble call us - our number is at the end of the instructions. We can talk you through finding the hole....

By the way, you really should use the TeamTech 6 points instead of thee 5 points. If you are using a stock seat they hold you in place much better and are actually safer as well. TeamTech can convert your 5 points to 6 points for a nominal fee if you want to make the change. I highly recommend it....

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a little ridge between the front seat bolts... measure and find the exact center between the bolts... then use a pin and poke along this centerline around the front side of the ridge and maybe up to 1/2" in front of it. That is right where the hole is.

You might find it better by pushing the carpet with your finger and trying to feel where it goes down a little - thats what I did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang