H&H Trailer, Race Ramps, and Mac's Tie Downs - Everything worked great.

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up a 2013 18' ft. Speedloader EXA. Loaded it up with options knowing that I would be hauling lowered/specialty cars. Choose the 18' with the 4" drop, rock guard, winch mount, storage boxes, corner tie downs, LED light kit, removable fenders and 10000lb capacity. All this and weighing just over 1900lbs.

While I was shopping I decided on one of the lowest angled Race Ramps. I choose the RR-TR-11-2 ramps. Has a 5 degree angle. Should cover everything that I would need to haul.

The previous tie downs I had weren't even close the the quality of the Mac's Tie Down's I picked up.

Pics speak for themselves for clearance. Easy loading and easy unloading.

You must be registered for see images

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone else is looking for a set of race ramps, I have a set still int he original box. Make me an offer.

Diane

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trailer looks nice and the race ramps look to work great. Do you normally secure it using the wheels...seems like there should be better locations on the frame to tie it down. I know there are on the GEN IIs. I'm not that familiar with the newer GENs.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't use the through wheel tie down, my fear would be rub marks in the clear coat on the wheels...I would use the frame...my $.02

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice. I would have opted for the aluminum floor though instead of wood. Low approach looks great with extended ramps.

gutterworks129

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would hook to the frame using the same criss-cross method. If some debris got on the soft ties between the rim it would grid and scratch the rims. You cant hurt the frame, plus you have to buy the soft ties.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be beating a dead horse, but, the front tie downs are putting a lot of torque/moment on the wheel itself and secondly, on the front end components. The ratchet tie-downs can create a large amount of force and applying it at a point where you multiply the force via moment on a complex structure is not good. Foget scratching the wheels, you are hurting the front end.

The trailer looks nice and the race ramps look to work great. Do you normally secure it using the wheels...seems like there should be better locations on the frame to tie it down. I know there are on the GEN IIs. I'm not that familiar with the newer GENs.

OP
OP
D

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heavens I don't take a corner too fast and put dynamic loads on those fragile front end parts.

Oh my... should I move off my street? It has a curve.

Wait...if I tie it down with the frame I'm going to have bearing fretting from that torque pulling down on the bearings.

It might be safer if I build the track closer to the car instead of moving the car.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay Dan, this is my last post in your thread, I promise. I've re-read this thread twice and I don't know why you're getting your ******* in a ***. All the replies are trying to be helpful. I think you should join the Viper Alley, those guys would love you over there.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan:

you are probably right, the powder puffs around the wheels are a lot better than the tie-downs I use around my mirrors. All kidding aside, it is obvious you won't accept help and that is your prerogative. You make fun of serious attempts and help and you counter by hiding behind further ,jokes perhaps you should research what force, moment and fulrum mean to the tie-down process.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery