Had a run in with a 2001+ yellow GTS today!

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was returning form Arby's on General Booth and comming the the intersection of Dam neck and Gen Booth. I saw this sweet yellow car up ahead of me but I was already over in the left turn lane. I realized it was a viper so I backed up and got over beside him. I reved on him and his wife started smiling an checking out my car. There was too much traffic to just go, but when we had an opening we got it. First run was from a second gear roll about 30 mph to about 90 in third gear. I was dead even with him, but if the race had kept going he'd have run away. Then we went down and pulled a U-turn to go the other way on General Booth... I was waiting for him to pull up beside me and go, but he made the turn and just got on it. So he had the jump and I was left to play catch up which wasn't going to happen. The car actually sounded good for a Viper... it had Corsa pipes on it. He gave me props on the color and the wheels then we parted ways. It was :cool: If the owner of this car is on this board, you sure have a beautiful car!

(this all happened in a dream I had last night, yes I like Arby's so much that I dream about it)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a "Wet Dream" You must have plenty of them if your dreaming about trading in your ordinary vette for a viper.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point, Casey! How do you see his "tips" if you are dead even with him. Maybe he mounted his exhaust to exit out the FRONT. Yeah, that's it.
Vette drivers like Arbys. Viper drivers choose a little higher cut of beef.

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point, Casey! How do you see his "tips" if you are dead even with him. Maybe he mounted his exhaust to exit out the FRONT. Yeah, that's it.
Vette drivers like Arbys. Viper drivers choose a little higher cut of beef.
What an arrogant fu$#ing as$hole you are,no wonder I spend less time on here reading [******] like this.You should go have dinner with VIPER D from NY.

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
288corn.jpg

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like arby's alot.Their fries are real good.I cover my arby's with HORSEY SAUCE.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a dream about of a future viper owner rather than a vette owner as indicated by the fact that he already knew what kind of exhaust system he wants...LOL

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK,everyone knows what the kid is doing.Why give it any credibility with a response?Lets try this.Nobody post after me.REALLY.If you do post,you are allowing whoever he is,or whatever he really drives,to LAUGH HIS *** OFF.Make him or HER go away.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 12.9 you got to do better or my old 01 Vette would walk away from you. he probably did not go WOT because his wife did not let him LOL

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see that idea really worked.Ok,ya'all have fun now,ya hear!!Lets make this another 13 page post.Unreal.

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not trolling... I saw the pipes when I first pulled up next to him because I couldn't get up even due to the cars in front. I simply asked him what kind of exhaust he had. Geeze I didn't post hey I smoked a viper blah blah... I got beat but it was a good run. See ya'll on the road =)

OP
OP
C

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't think a z06 can keep up with a viper through the 1/4 mile you need to get out more. Over 1/4 speeds like say a 1/2 mile or standing mile drag it'd be no contest. W/ 300 less pounds and much steeper gearing I had no problem w/ the brief roll on.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
zo6's run fast on the forums, everyone claims they did 11.9 in a stock z. when we see them at the track, they are always in mid 12's. they run good times with slicks and skinnies and then get on the street thinking they can match that time against a viper. All I have to say is bring it on, if you keep up with my car in the 1/4, i will sell it and buy a z06.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960