Happy Birthday Mustang

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the rants lately about like, don't like, love, then hating on the poor old Mustang, I thought I would take a moment to just Happy 47th Birthday today Mustang. :drive:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have fond memories of my two Mustangs: a '67 Shelby GT350 (#1462) and a '86 SVO Mustang. Both fun cars. The Shelby was pretty cool, and the SVO was a very quick and great handling car.

However, my 2001 RT/10 is more fun that the two of them were combined.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of Mustangs, but regardless Happy Birthday! :)

Over the weekend, actually Saturday night I was watching a recording of the Mecum Auction that was held down in Florida and there were some very nice Mustangs being auctioned off. I'm not really a fan of any new Mustang(unless it's Saleen or the new Cobras), but I do like older Mustangs and their were some nice ones sold on that show. :2tu:

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just purchased one today :). Both the Mustang and Viper share a common theme . Lee Iacoccoa and Caroll Shelby :2tu: :drive:

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Mustang:2tu:

Look at it this way,,,it started the trend for mass produced, higher horsepower, smaller cars which inspired the other manufactuers to notice the Mustang's early, huge sales figures.

I think we all benefitted from the 'Stang.

My first pony was a '70 fastback, 351 Cleveland, 4bbl and

my current daily driver is a '04 'Stang convert.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still miss my '83 5.0, I was 16yrs. old and was the coolest car you could have at the time(as if just being 16 wasn't cool enough). It regularly blew off 6.6 TA's, Z/28's and just about anything current at that time.
Unfortunately, I was an inexperienced HI-PO driver and rolled it within 6month, thankfully not a scratch on me.
It took me 14years to replace it with another Mustang( my '66 GT350H), but it was worth the wait!
Happy Birthday Mustang!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My former daily driver was a 2003 Cobra...a great car. (Sold it last April to a guy that already totalled it)

All that being said...Mopar guys know that the Barracuda was released 6 weeks before the Mustang. Yeah, yeah, "Valiant with a fastback"....blah, blah, blah....Mustang was a Falcon with a fastback too.

Toma

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhh... fond memories.... My 88 Mustang was my first love, and the whole reason I got into cars. I still own that car.... its had nitrous, superchargers, big blocks, big blocks on nitrous, twin turbos, a single 88mm turbo... and now it's engineless cause I think they are fugly now. lol

So as tribute, I present you what I think is the the best Mustang to date... the 2007+ Shelby GT500. This one is a car I tune, and we head down to Vegas and race PSCA Extreme Drag Radial once in a while. In PSCA trim with twin 88's, at 3500 pounds, no wheeile bars, and a small block on gasoline... 7.0s at 206+ mph. I LOVE this car!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8QEKheSDbc&feature=player_profilepage#t=0s[/media]

There is a 1080p version ;) crank up the sound.

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 67 coupe 289 auto in 1979... power nothing... Never really did anything for me... I will admit that I cruised through the Ford dealer at lunchtime today to see what they had in stock...

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Mustang! Great cars, I've owned 7 of them 2 still currently and I'm sure a plenty more in my lifetime.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My former daily driver was a 2003 Cobra...a great car. (Sold it last April to a guy that already totalled it)

All that being said...Mopar guys know that the Barracuda was released 6 weeks before the Mustang. Yeah, yeah, "Valiant with a fastback"....blah, blah, blah....Mustang was a Falcon with a fastback too.

Hey, you been spying on me? I own an 03 Cobra, 65 Barracuda, 63 Falcon and two 66 Mustangs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery