Happy with gen 2?

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1994 gen one with 2001 wheels on it, and ive been really happy with it, and i love the unpractical nature of it that some people hate, been thinking of picking up a gen 2 coupe this winter, how do those who have gen 1's or upgraded from gen 1's like their gen 2's?? dont think i would ever get rid of my gen 1 but adding a coupe to the collection seems like a good idea about now.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wanting to add another viper to your gen1

good man!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id never get rid of MY gen2 for a gen1 but id love to add one...... theres just something about them gen1's. and thats the car i fell in love with way back when

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want a few, I would take a low mileage 92 just to look at, 95 (last 300)Green/tan interior and a white/blue stripe 96 RT. :2tu::2tu:

My first car was a 96RT and loved it. Hated to see it go, but at the trime I had just traded up to a Roe S/C 99 RT :D

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 96 rt/10 and a 2002 gts fe. my best advice would be to always drive the gen 1 first. i find that if i drive the 02 first i don't want to get back in the gen 1. too many comforts to the 02.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't think of a better combo.I have only had the Gen 2 coupe and love it.
Would love to have a gen 1 but have a few problems

Cant afford it!
Wife would leave me!

But on the other hand

Ya only live once!
I could find another wife!
My four year old would love it!
My Daughter really have to finish college!
:dance::dance::dance::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1994 gen one with 2001 wheels on it, and ive been really happy with it, and i love the unpractical nature of it that some people hate, been thinking of picking up a gen 2 coupe this winter, how do those who have gen 1's or upgraded from gen 1's like their gen 2's?? dont think i would ever get rid of my gen 1 but adding a coupe to the collection seems like a good idea about now.

I happen to know where you can get a nice Bumblebee ACR, right in your area. ;)

ViperClub Classifieds - 2001 Bumblebee ACR w/ upgrades - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I loved my Gen 1 (94) when I had it. After it was totalled, I bought my '01 and I would never give up the Gen 2 for a Gen 1. Its that much of a difference all around. If I could afford both, then I would gladly have a Gen 1.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer to drive the Gen I over the GTS, I guess that is a good thing since the GTS is my wife's. I just love the rawness of the Gen I's and I think having it heavily modified adds to the enjoyment while the GTS is mostly stock.
I don't ever plan on getting rid of the Gen I, but then again they are not worth that much anyways. I never minded not have windows or a top and all the creature comforts of the Gen II. I try and only drive them on nice days so the weather is not an issue.

Dan Aseere

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 94 RT 10 and a 97 GTS b/w. On a cool Sunday morning when these cars run so great I take the RT 10 every time. The sound of the side pipes, the wind in your face, the low end torque, it truly is a special. The GTS is a great car but completely different from the RT. If I had to get rid of one it would probably be the GTS. Do not sacrifice the RT for a GTS. Keeping both is the perfect world!!!