hard shifting problem

srcsrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was out driving today and found it hard to shift between first and second after setting at a traffic lite ? it was extremely hot out (over 90 deg) if that helps, but after rolling along and other short stop and go's it shifted fine. never had any trouble before ! any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were you around the shift threshold where the skip shift eliminator works? Up to 14 mph I believe. What year and model car? Mileage on car?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

srcsrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my car is a 2003 with 9500 miles. cant remeber my speed though. thanks for the quick reply !!!

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Probably skip shift, it is from around 10 mph to 20 mph. It is kinda ******** but can be fixed for relatively cheap with a skip shift eliminator that you just plug in.

Reaction score
Check your clutch fluid condition, once it gets that hot sitting in traffic over time the fluid breaks down and if there is moisture because it is old you can get air bubbling and bad clutch action.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At my last service last month, I had the clutch fluid changed out on my 25,500 mile car, of which I'm the 3rd owner. I've never had any issues, but since I don't know how it was driven before me, I figured good preventive. My tech told me after that it was indeed a good idea, as the old clutch fluid looked kinda iffy.

So, agree, might check it and change it.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hated the skip shift. That was the first thing I did to my Gen IV, was get rid of that feature

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine