Hard to start when cold! Help!

benson8708

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When my 1995 rt/10 is cold it take about ten seconds to start. I have removed and cleaned the throttle body and it didn't help. I have readjusted my throttle cables. I am thinking maybe fuel filter but it runs great once it starts. Please advise.
Mike

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you try some of the other obvious easy things like : plugs, wires ? and also the fuel filter. if not, id change all of those regardless if they're old

OP
OP
B

benson8708

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I need to check the plugs. I heard the wires are a pain to change.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say your fuel pressure reg. has croaked. Try cycling the key to run pos. 3-4 times then crank the engine over. If it starts right away, regulator is bad, need to pull the tank out..............fun,,,,, NOT!

OP
OP
B

benson8708

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I turned the key a few times and then it started right up. Thanks guys. I will try and figure out how to fix the fuel pressure regulator. Any merchants chim in if you have one.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I turned the key a few times and then it started right up. Thanks guys. I will try and figure out how to fix the fuel pressure regulator. Any merchants chim in if you have one.

You can still buy them from Dodge seperately, I think. (you can still buy fuel pump seperate.) The gen.2 guys are screwed.