hard top for a gen 3????

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I preffer the vert body vs the coupe, but a vert body with a hardtop is way too ****.,,. I can't seem to find a price on a hardtop for my car :dunno:

any help would be appreciated
thanks

Rob

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dog, call Jeff or Carl Lemke (his dad) I know they're pretty busy with Jeff's Beautiful New Invention & put doing the hard tops on the back burner for now. But I know they will still make them in between some of their slow time. He's actually making me one now for my Gen II (because I called him & pretty much begged him to, Lol)! He told me 2-3 weeks, that was a lot sooner than I expected. Super nice guys & to me make the BEST Hard Tops around! jmo

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one in New York Craigslist for like $1100. The guy said its for a 2007, so my guess is he picked it up used and is not very familiar with vipers. I would love to pick it up, but I have busted my viper mod money this year. I also agree that they look sweet with a hardtop on them.

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MattDillon - please post pics of your HT once you get (curious to see it)... can you describe what you're getting (1-piece; trunk top; is it custom)???

Thanks!

Dog, call Jeff or Carl Lemke (his dad) I know they're pretty busy with Jeff's Beautiful New Invention & put doing the hard tops on the back burner for now. But I know they will still make them in between some of their slow time. He's actually making me one now for my Gen II (because I called him & pretty much begged him to, Lol)! He told me 2-3 weeks, that was a lot sooner than I expected. Super nice guys & to me make the BEST Hard Tops around! jmo

Real_Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Picked my Autoform hardtop up off this forum a few months back and love it!

You must be registered for see images attach

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MattDillon - please post pics of your HT once you get (curious to see it)... can you describe what you're getting (1-piece; trunk top; is it custom)???

Thanks!
I will, I'll have to get it painted (Jeff told me that about 40% of the ones they had painted & shipped before had been roughed (thats ups for you) or nicked here or there & it would probably be better to get it painted when I got it) I was gonna do that anyway cause I've got a real good guy that does all my painting & I knew there could be too many issues with shipping. You can go to their website & see what they look like, its the newest model 3-Piece with the scoop (non-functional) on top. I've NEVER liked the oem tops (look like a bad toupee) on the Gen. II's. BC, the BEST thing about them besides the look is you can put them in your Trunk & take them with you! jmo

Last edited:

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Picked my Autoform hardtop up off this forum a few months back and love it!

Nice... I wonder how would it look like on a red roadster with the black hard top :(

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one in New York Craigslist for like $1100. The guy said its for a 2007, so my guess is he picked it up used and is not very familiar with vipers. I would love to pick it up, but I have busted my viper mod money this year. I also agree that they look sweet with a hardtop on them.

What city in New York...I searched Craigslist and could not find the listing?

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be careful with some of those 2nd hand tops, lately it seems like quite a few on here have been having trouble with getting everything to line up & fit snug! jmo

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may have made up your mind but I really like my Autoform top. Fits great, is quiet, and has more headroom than the stock top. Oh, and did I mention how cool it is over the stock convertible top? Much cooler!

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You may have made up your mind but I really like my Autoform top. Fits great, is quiet, and has more headroom than the stock top. Oh, and did I mention how cool it is over the stock convertible top? Much cooler!

This. Autoform is a really nice top. You just may need to spend some time to figure out where the creaks and squeeks are and fix with foam tape/felt. After that, it's perfect (IMO). Can't tell you how many people have commented on how it really makes the car (Now the GTS Blue with white stripes continues on the roof). Keep in mind that it takes alot longer for them to make these days.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Opinions are like... well you know.

I own a Mach 7 top and think it is AWESOME!!! This is not mine, but mine is also silve just like this one:

You must be registered for see images

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Opinions are like... well you know.

I own a Mach 7 top and think it is AWESOME!!! This is not mine, but mine is also silve just like this one:

This is by far the best looking top for the gen 3 vipers

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice... I wonder how would it look like on a red roadster with the black hard top :(

I imagine a black top on red roadster would look like a Vert with the top up in some lighting.

I bought a used Autoform that came off a red Viper, installed on my black 03.

OP
OP
S

SNIPERDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I imagine a black top on red roadster would look like a Vert with the top up in some lighting.

that would be awesome!! I may try that :)

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hopefully you have had it painted....because that looks horrible. Sorry, random color body panels dont do it for me.

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

\

I will look into it, looks nice with the hard top on our Verts :)

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture of mine with the hard top. I'll try to get a btter on tomorrow.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a picture of mine with the hard top. I'll try to get a btter on tomorrow.

This top is so much sleeker then the autoform. It makes the car, instead of having what looks like a bubble on your car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang