Hardest thing to get used to!

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Put a couple hundred miles on my 02 as the weather has gotten nice and what really is difficult is the seatbelt goes from the upper right to the lower left and every other vehicle I have ever driven is upper left to lower right! I almost feel like an idiot that every time I take out the viper I am reaching the wrong way!

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You'll get used to it soon enough. I think all cars should be that way as I find it more comfortable.

Santo

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hate when you have multiple cars and pull up to the gas pump on the wrong side.... Doh!
I hear you on the gas pump thing. GM puts an arrow on the gas gauge that points to the side the filler is on.

OP
OP
Z

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I should be changed to an owner, no Idea how I go about that.
Actually, I think it is easier to buckle on the right, door seems to impinge upon space for hand to work in. And when you get in and out the buckle area get's bumped or moved out of postion, while if it was on the right the center console pins it against the seat so it remains in that position.
Other thing I noticed is getting in and out is a tad bit more difficult. I just laugh because the previous owner was so meticulous that I adopted that same thought process! Don't step on the sills, watch the seat rub etc lol!
I broke down and bought some wet Okleye (spelling) seat covers! Figured one less thing I have to worry about! Bad thing is the seat covers add about 1/8 to 1/4" of height.
Eventually I am gonna replace the original seats with Sparco's or some racing seats.

As I am on my 2nd tank of Gas I haven't really noticed the cap being on the passenger side. Other thing that bothers me a little is scraping the front end. I wish they put a rubber deflector on their to prevent scraping. Havent scraped yet but I can see those water drainage vessels as a major problem.

But even with these small inconvience's I absolutely love the car. I think I am gonna have to invest in one of those Valentine Radar detector's soon. The car tends to be a bit too thirsty and doesnt want to stay under 40 miles per hour.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulling into driveways at an angle helps reduce fascia scraping. Staying well behind cars in front of you will reduce rock chips. Planning your route to avoid puddles, potholes, and gravel is now your reality. If you find yourself around the Viper up to hours at a time, you heve been bit. Almost everyone here has the OCD. Congrats and enjoy!

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the frequency of fill ups given the Viper's voracious appetite for fuel, how could one ever forget which side the gas tank opening is on?:smirk:
PAvenom

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire