Has Anyone noticed???

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A haze or slight overspray on areas of the new 08's, 09's ? Looks like maybe the holding area of where the cars are striped at Prefix, maybe some airborn contaminents or they are spraying to close to other cars. It will feel like your paint is rough in areas, look hazy or dull, I have heard about 5 guys now with this problem, its a easy fix with a clearcoat cleaner or polish, the dealer can probably fix it in 5 minutes.

Anyone else find this?

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A haze or slight overspray on areas of the new 08's, 09's ? Looks like maybe the holding area of where the cars are striped at Prefix, maybe some airborn contaminents or they are spraying to close to other cars. It will feel like your paint is rough in areas, look hazy or dull, I have heard about 5 guys now with this problem, its a easy fix with a clearcoat cleaner or polish, the dealer can probably fix it in 5 minutes.

Anyone else find this?

Just on striped cars or also on the solid paints?

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Bill...I noticed that as well...some kind of over-spray. Once I found some time, I lightly buffed those areas to make them smooth. I remember your car being that way.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just on striped cars or also on the solid paints?

Yes, mostly on striped cars. acrs etc where stripes, center bands were added.
run your hand over the cars paint lightly you feel smooth to rough areas or look at different angles.

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
run your hand over the cars paint lightly you feel smooth to rough areas or look at different angles.

found the same thing on my '08. You can only see it under fluorescent lght, looking at it from an angle.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Checked and didn't notice any on my '09..but it has no stripes.

daffyduck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES i had the same problem on my 2008 orange with black stripes.Dealer acted indignant when i pointed it out to him.would'nt exspect than on a car this exspensive.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No over spray on my 09 but I did have to have a paint flaw corrected under warranty. The quality control is definately not what it used to be at the plant.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some blue overspray on my VOI9 from the tape lines, around the front facia grill area. I'm sure these cars do see some overspray ar prefix.. Minor/Moderate overspray is not difficult at all to safely remove, though. Lets you know these cars really are "hand" build.