Has anyone used a 4 post lift rolling jack on their Viper

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use bottle jacks. Or, if you are just looking to raise the tires, a neat trick is to raise the lift 18" and then lower the rear (or front) frame onto jack stands. the front or back end pops right up.

Easy as pie!

JD

Reaction score
I use the BendPak low profile rolling jack. Have two one clears fine the other scrapes plastic under the car.

I doubt if the e-bay will clear as it looks to tall. Lift will also need to have a lip for the jack. Suggest Jack be selected for a specific lift to minimize problems.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the BendPak low profile rolling jack. Have two one clears fine the other scrapes plastic under the car.

I doubt if the e-bay will clear as it looks to tall. Lift will also need to have a lip for the jack. Suggest Jack be selected for a specific lift to minimize problems.

When there's enough possibility to let the platform flex down in between the rams it will clear like in the picture me thinks. Really works like a charm and is an easier method than lifting up and using jack stands.
Not too long ago I needed an alignment done on my very low riding Calibra and went to my trusted dealership where they have a bridge with one of these (the thing itself is not visible in this picture but the one from the Ebay link should give you an idea):

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$650 for that, whew. Isn't that a large percentage of the lift itself ?

That is my other thought, I have seen them for $400-500 but the shipping is $130-$200 depending on who you by them from, I guess it weighs 350 lbs, might not be worth it.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Greg Smith Equipment lift. I like it a lot. I'd _really_ like a couple of those jacks for the lift. There just has to be a cheaper option... has to be. and i don't mean bottle jacks!

JD

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Greg Smith Equipment lift. I like it a lot. I'd _really_ like a couple of those jacks for the lift. There just has to be a cheaper option... has to be. and i don't mean bottle jacks!

JD

They do look like they would work great, but the price :confused:

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the cheaper harbor freight floor jack. Low profile and stable anywhere on the lift.

Say more ... Where do you put the jack when the car is up on the lift? Details please, and pics would be great.

I have the Direct Lift from Greg Smith, and I've also been looking for a cost effective solution. I looked at the 4 post rolling jack, and just determined that it wasn't worth it. I bought a 2 ton bottle jack, but it doesn't fit in the jacking tray of my lift for the FE, and barely fits under the RT10. Joe's solution of lowering the car while on the lift onto jack stands is interesting and I will try that, but, for me, I'd like to have the car a little higher when working on the wheels.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the cheaper harbor freight floor jack. Low profile and stable anywhere on the lift.

Say more ... Where do you put the jack when the car is up on the lift? Details please, and pics would be great.

I have the Direct Lift from Greg Smith, and I've also been looking for a cost effective solution. I looked at the 4 post rolling jack, and just determined that it wasn't worth it. I bought a 2 ton bottle jack, but it doesn't fit in the jacking tray of my lift for the FE, and barely fits under the RT10. Joe's solution of lowering the car while on the lift onto jack stands is interesting and I will try that, but, for me, I'd like to have the car a little higher when working on the wheels.

These are the issues that I am talking about, And I don't see how the low profile jack will work either, where do you put it?
I am even wondering if the rolling jack arms might be too high in the lowest position.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on where you need to jack the car. I just set the jack on the ramp under one of the jacking points on the car and go to town. I can't get any pictures at the moment, sorry.

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've done it this way with my Kwiklift. When I used the jacking tray with a bottle jack, I would place a 2X10 board on the runway and drive over it to raise the car that little bit more. I recently sold my Kwiklift and currently waiting on my new Rotary 4 post lift this week hopefully.
Depends on where you need to jack the car. I just set the jack on the ramp under one of the jacking points on the car and go to town. I can't get any pictures at the moment, sorry.

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my Direct Lift four post lift from Greg Smith and added the jack for an additional $499.00 at the time of purchase. The jack is worth every penny. It's low profile design allows it to traverse front to back with no clearance problems at all. Mine is 2 years old now, and must be an earlier design. It rides on two teflon strips. No wheels on mine. It's still a great piece. To get the entire car and suspension in the air, I jack the rear first, then lower it on jack stands. Then I slide the jack to the front, jack it up and leave the front on the jack. This allows you to completely remove the entire suspension if need be. Great piece.

cobraman484

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Greg Smith 3500 diagram shows a 3 1/2" height for the lowest setting. I just went and checked my clearance and it is 3 1/2". Do you use boards to drive it up on or does yours clear.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Greg Smith 3500 diagram shows a 3 1/2" height for the lowest setting. I just went and checked my clearance and it is 3 1/2". Do you use boards to drive it up on or does yours clear.

Is that with the pads or without the pads because I checked the clearance from the floor to the lip on the middle part of my facia where my chin guard is and I come up with 3".
Now I talked to Art at Greg Smith Equipment and he told me from the top of the lift track to the top base of the jack fully compressed is 4", Now talking to a Viper member I was told 2 1/4 inches above the ramps without pads or arms out.

FLX109

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked into alot of the 4 post lift rolling jacks advertised and the Direct Lift Pro Jack 3500 is the only one I find that has a 3 1/2" rise from the track to the top of the small pads and if you take the pads off and slide the arms in when you pull up on the lift you are fine because you have a 2 1/4" or a little less rise without the pads, the other jack the Direct Lift Pro Jack 4500 which rides on the low inner rails has a 4 1/4 rise from the track to the pad and minus the pad is about 3", the Bendpak low profile sliding lift is also higher than the Pro Jack 3500 and similar in height to the Direct Lift Pro jack 4500.

FLX109

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 3500 works great, no issues with clearance at all.
lift_u_2_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi