has comp coupe started production yet?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne, John said that they would be working on Comp Coupe once the first 300 got done. Based on that you would see them on the line in January.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know at VIo7 they said would start in Oct but does anyone that
is able to tell us know if production has started yet?
You think the SRT customers are in the dark!!!!!

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, Your info is usually bulletproof but it doesn't add up in this case. The Comp Coupes are not built on the assembly line or even in the same building. According to the head engineer, Eric, production will begin in Nov with production at 10 a month meaning there will be 30 existing at end of Jan. Plan are not always foolproof though.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm. It's funny sometimes how we all hear different things from different places, but Bob, no matter the details, I would second what Steve said about getting the first 300 SRT's out the door FIRST. In fact, I think Steve and I were both in the same meeting where this was discussed backwards and forwards. ALSO, I'm not sure where you guys are getting the 10 a month thing. As I recall, there were quite a few unhappy guys in our group because we were told that production of the first 30+ cars for the original batch would likely not get completed for as long as 12 months, starting "as soon as" the new cars were out.... meaning only a few cars per month.
frown.gif

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, you are right that they are completing the Comp Coupe at another location, but I thought in the seminar they said that it would have a run down the CAAP line for work? Wasn't the frame and suspension starting at CAAP and then to the race shop?

It all may be mute since that is when John had to worry about the SRT/10 production schedule. Now his primary goal with NASCAR over is to get his Comp Coupes out to those that are going to race this coming year.

King, they did say that the 30 cars would take 12 month's to get completed.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet the Viper Days folks want our input for racing events "ASSUMING DELIVERY BY JAN 15th!"
Never a dull moment with this project!!!!!!
I didn't hear anything about a year to produce 32 cars!
If this is the case why take deposits on the "next run"????

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they wanted to make sure they had a business case for more than one year. BTW, they do start the frame at CAAP before it goes off to the race shop for completion.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the seminar they said they were going to build 10 per month and they would start next month. That would have been October. My guess is they shut down the Comp Coupe production when the SRT-10 was shut down. I thought I also remembered them saying the whole car would be built away from CAAP. I'm not 100% on that though.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, haven't any of you spoken with the factory on the Comp Coupe? Here's the deal: The cars are going to start being delivered very soon. I don't know if they have actually started production, but if not it is days away. Those of us who need to have them by the first race in January will have them. The first 36 will be delivered by March (or April...I can't remember which). Believe me, they are on the way. I got it straight from Eric Peterson.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of business plans..It would sure be nice to know when I have to give them the next 90k so I can plan my funds for
my business needs!!!!!!!!!!!

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confused I decided to call Kim at Viper race hdqtrs...
So I ask her "is Woodhouse right about 10 cars a month starting Nov or are they going to take 1 year to produce the first run???"
She said well neither is right..said she would call find out then call me back. Supposedly something is about to be mailed to us regarding delivery,she was going to check on it.Haven't recd her callback yet. I'll post whatever I find out.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
Yes, I'm getting one. Can't wait. I know it will be kickass. I'm confident that they are coming soon.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
Russ let me know what number you are and I will see if I can find anything out while we are in Detroit for the Autoshow?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

uh hmmmm Steve, please see what you can find out, we are all, as Wayne said, a bit "in the dark"
wink.gif

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
During the banquet at the Viperdays National Finals we were told that production of the Comp Coupe would be cut from 10 per month to 3 1/2 per month. Just an observation.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
Laura, are you first or second run?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Steve, At the risk of sounding like a total duh! to be quite honest with you, I don't really know! Are they still doing the "2 run" thing? I thought they were just producing? Geez, this is too funny, I don't think I have ever been so "in the dark" about anything before hehehe!!
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960