has value of 09 dropped??

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my 09 vert with warranty and 7700 original miles listed. I saw the blu book was about 69k retail a couple months ago. Now I see the blu book has dropped about 15K, is this right?? I did read that SRT lowered the cost of the new viper 15K
do to lack of sales. Is this a direct result of that? Maybe that is why I haven't recd an offer over 58K.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sure it has dropped , which happens every time a new model ( regardless of brand ) has a reduction, big rebate, etc. I do think a 15K drop is a bit excessive , but the amazing thing is consumers often in today's society cause alot of the drop. Discussing about how much a new car can supposedly be purchased for , inherently affects the value of the used market. Folks tend to believe everything they see on the Internet, though , they often have no real , tangible proof, but it becomes irrevalent , because perception is reality. If newer models can be purchased at silly figures ( true or not ) , the used market will correspondingly drop. Often there is an irrational drop , but Banks , Guides , Auctions, try to set the tone. Right now guides are all over the place , which has often been the case with Vipers , since there really are not that many out there.

Then the other concern is frankly the " Vulture Factor ," coined by a customer years back. They sit around knocking prices waiting for folks who post alot about their vehicle not selling , to drop again and again. When the guy/gal gets frustrated they pounce....................I always thought his analogy was interesting.

OP
OP
S

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the blu back value has dropped, I do not see that in the price that the public or the dealers are asking for their cars. The prices for 09 verts are still in the high 60s low 70s... can't figure it out

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say more likely its a reflection of the trade in values and people taking huge losses in resale to capitalize on the so-called 'value' of buying a newer car for a discount. I would also suggest company marketing strategy effects everyone's value negatively or positively depending on its success or failure.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently the Gen IV is in kind of a sweet spot. Much less expensive than a Gen V while providing much of the same performance. IV and V use essentiallly the same engine and electronics with the edge going to the V. Some wanting gen V performance simply add the new polymer intake and headers for similar dyno results.

Weight is about the same, with the Gen V SRT being the lightest.

Gen V has the better looking interior, but many feel the Gen IV seats are more comfortable. (Each person being different here)

Gen IV selling in $60K-$70K range and Gen V selling in the $90K to $100K range. (Both are great value)

Typical Ferrari's drop like a rock in Value if they are drive. Only the ultra low mileage or Ultra collectable Ferrari's do not quickly depreciate. Many Ferrari's do not seem to depreciate, however people do not take into account that the special ones sell originally far above their sticker price, while Vipers are often significantly discounted.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21