Have you had a chance to wave?

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I was driving my C5 FRC I would always wave to the other Vette's. Of course that's no big deal as I see 5 - 7 C5's each way to work.

So far I have had a chance to wave to two other Vipers, both GTS, both on the same road! (Glade road in Hurst/Grapevine if it was you
smile.gif
)

Just thought it was cool to have another Viper drive by and "wave" seeing as there are so few Vipers around.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11 Corvettes in my past so lots of waving - I enjoy the expression of camaraderie. What few Vipers I've passed on the road, have likewise extended a gracious wave - but I'm usually first. I also ride a Harley-Davidson V-Rod and wave to everyone regardless of what their on - for me it's the experience and not the marque.

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
I usually find that Viper drivers are too busy trying to figure out what the hell the other half-asleep drivers around them are doing to even NOTICE me waving.
laugh.gif
Maybe that's just blue-haired Florida though...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not just blue-haired FLA. . .I've been out driving and my girl will be like "hey, there goes a Viper the other way" and I'm like "huh? You mean there are other cars on the road other than this a$$ in front of me?"
laugh.gif

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never have had a chance to wave at another Viper but I did wave to the Prowler and Cobra I did see. Even had a 348 spider wave at me!

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's just WRONG is waving from my F150.

"Oh, look!" I say, "Another Viper."

The Viper drivers are like, "what's that idiot in the ford frantically waving at. . ."

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mt. Ham...I'm in fremont,i drive a sapp 01 viper and a f 150 myself,were like joined at the hip....

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always try to do the wave and it's almost always mutual. I was out with a coworker for lunch and we were driving down sunset when a yellow w/black striped GTS was coming the other way. At the same moment we do the wave to each other. My coworker said, "So what's that? Are you guys in a club or something?"
"Uhhhh, well... yeah."

The one time I didn't get the wave, I saw a GTS on Cahuanga and I was in mine. I gave the driver a wave and an older lady (the driver) just looks at me like I'm an idiot.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always wave at the Corvettes, hey, they are nice sports cars too, but they all think I must be crazy or messing with them. Now just out of spite I won't miss waving at a C5, seldom get a wave back.

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makara I saw and waved at that same yellow GTS on Sunset this passed Saturday. First time I have seen another yellow Viper on the road. Still haven't seen any Gen I yellows, even when I am not in my Viper.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw a yellow rt-10 going north on the 101 the other day when I was going south. I couldn't tell if it was a Gen I or II. If it was a Gen I, it had tinted aftermarket windows. Was that you?

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcaspar1:
Even had a 348 spider wave at me!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And they say rich people are mean.
supergrin.gif

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Makara:
I saw a yellow rt-10 going north on the 101 the other day when I was going south. I couldn't tell if it was a Gen I or II. If it was a Gen I, it had tinted aftermarket windows. Was that you?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, not me, I dont have windows period. Well I have them just never use them. The only time I ever have the top on is when I am driving to LACR or back.

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see many Corvettes when out toolin' around, although I usually initiate the waves. When I wave, they always wave back. Rarely do they initiate the waves.......

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silkey:
vettes dont wave,they smolder.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Inferiority Complex.
laugh.gif

Dream Machine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toddt:
I'm wavin like a homecoming queen every time I go out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrist, wrist, elbow, elbow?
is that the proper technique?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I waved to the a corvette owner the otherday and he did not wave back. I think he must have been a ******** vette guy...he had the corvette cap on and shirt too. He wouldn't even look at me. Oh well!