Hawk & Eurotechs

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering what type of brake pads everyone here running Eurotechs was using. The hawk pads I currently have (Metallic) leave a rough surface (scratches/grooves) on the rotors which is not very appealing and are eating up my rotors. Im considering the ceramic pads to give a much smoother (shiny) surface but then having too much dust and a shorter lifespan on the pads.
What type of finish/lifespan do you get with your (street driving) brake pads?

Thanks in advance.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know Jorgensen and I are running Carbotechs, and he has Eurotech rotors ( I have Stoptechs ). Not seeing the issues you are , but then I prefer the Carbotechs over Hawks on numerous cars I run.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would worry so much about the texture the pad leaves on your rotor, so much as I would look at stopping performance. Because if your stopping power is not there you'll be looking at the texture on your front bumper when you crash into something.

OP
OP

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would worry so much about the texture the pad leaves on your rotor, so much as I would look at stopping performance. Because if your stopping power is not there you'll be looking at the texture on your front bumper when you crash into something.

Good point. :2tu:

I'm just thinking I have too agressive of a pad for normal street driving. Are the stock pads ceramic?