He guys, I'm gonna be sporting 19/20" wheels(PICS). Few questions..

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He guys, I\'m gonna be sporting 19/20\" wheels(PICS). Few questions..

Iforged wheels approached me about sporting their 06 line of 3 piece Precision Wheels with a 3" lip up front and 5" lip in back! Since I can't pass an offer up like this, I have a couple questions for you guys with this wheel size combo. How's ride quality? What tire sizes are you running up front and in the rear? Brand? How much will they run me? Wheel size will be 19X10 up front and 20X13 in back.

I'm stuck between the "Trial" which looks like my iforged "Aero's" I have on my Z. I really like this look. If I choose the "Trial", it wont have the flutes on the spokes like in the picture. The "Variant" is similar to the "Trial" but with a twist! and the spokes flare outward towards the lip. I'm gonna go with an anthracite finish with polished lip. What do you think?

Trail:
You must be registered for see images

Variant:

Bat™

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: He guys, I\'m gonna be sporting 19/20\" wheels(PICS). Few questions..

I like the Variant better. :usa:

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: He guys, I\'m gonna be sporting 19/20

hmmm hard to tell without actually seeing it on a viper, but from these pictures, I'd pick the variant. Seems more original and less busy to me.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Go with the Trials without flutes will look absolutely fantastic! Please don't do the twisted wheels. Leave those to the Porsche guys!

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Bat,
It was great meeting you at Carlsbad last week. Some guys have all the luck! I've been looking and searching for a deal on wheels....and Iforge finds you and asks you to wear their wheels :crazy: I agree with jdoc...but then again if Iforge was offering me wheels I wouldn't be too picky. :D
Your car looks great!

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey Bat,
It was great meeting you at Carlsbad last week. Some guys have all the luck! I've been looking and searching for a deal on wheels....and Iforge finds you and asks you to wear their wheels :crazy: I agree with jdoc...but then again if Iforge was offering me wheels I wouldn't be too picky. :D
Your car looks great!

I think it was the Blue Stripes that caught their attention :headbang: . Pleassure meeting you as well :) . See you at the next meet!

btw, I'm gonna chop both wheels on my ride this weekend and post them on this thread ;) .

Bat™

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go with the Variant, I have seen it on a yellow viper and it looked so awsome, now let me ask you where can I buy some of those, I have been looking for wheels for a while now, thanks.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

How's ride quality? Slight difference, a little harsher over bumps, you may not even notice. I also noticed a big difference in grip with the tire change.

What tire sizes are you running up front and in the rear? Brand? Pirelli P-Zero's 275/30/19 front, 345/25/20 rear....only use this low a profile if you lower the car, which you will want to do anyway.

How much will they run me? $15-1600

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks, my car is lowered with Eibach Pro Springs. Can I run a 30 profile in the rear with 20's, or do you not recommend that.

Bat™

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks, my car is lowered with Eibach Pro Springs. Can I run a 30 profile in the rear with 20's, or do you not recommend that.

Bat™

The 20" guys using the Pilot's run 30 profile on the back, because that's all they can get in that tire, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The reason went with the lowest profile available is because I went up 2" in rim, so I wanted to change the overall diameter as little as possible.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I know there are websites where you can punch in your stock wheeel/tire diameter, then put in your plus size wheel/tire diameter to give you comparisons. Anyone know of any?

Bat™

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

trail! btw do they come in black? because if they do that would look great with your black and blue combo! :2tu:

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

OK, here's a quick chop of both wheels. Remember, these are what they'd look like as 18" wheels. I'll be getting 19/20's.

Trial:

Variant:

You must be registered for see images attach

Bat™

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Trial is way better.

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Trial is way better.

I agree. Without the flutes, I think it will look even better.

Oh, and I also think that they should send me a set-just so that they can cover the nation you know-you have the West Coast, I will cover the South Central, and we can get someone on the East coast. Sounds like an excellent marketing plan to me! :D

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: He guys, I\'m gonna be sporting 19/20\" wheels(PICS). Few questions..

Trail.

Variant would be good if they had left and right side so they did not look like they were going "backwards" on the passenger side of the car.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ok guys, I've decided to go with the Trial Wheels minus the flutes for a clean look :) . It will be about 4-6 weeks before my wheels will be ready. In the meantime, gotta shop for tires :) . I assume Tirerack will have the best price on Pirelli's?

Bat™

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Excellent choice!! Can;t wait to see them.

By the way, the overlays will go on tonight-I will snap some pics and put them up tonight!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456