Head Unit Replacement Question

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I purchased a female din plug and wired it to my new head unit. I've bench tested each of the speaker connections, so I know they are OK. I am not getting any sound. I have the new head unit hooked up to a battery for now. Still have to splice into the white connector. It seems to me like the amp is not getting power? Other than the "remote" line going to it, is there anything else I should look at?

BTW - I plugged the stock radio back in and everything works fine....

Steve

OP
OP
D

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to wire from the amped outputs (FR,RR,FL,LR + 2 speaker grounds, ground, and amp power) through the 8 pin din (factory) plug.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, your trying to feed amp'd output into an amp? Your overdriving the input side on the amp... and it don't like you for it.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To elaborate. If your going to use the speaker level outputs of a head unit with an amplifier, your going to need to drop them down to a line level output before hitting the amp. Some aftermarket amps can handle speaker level inputs, but most cannot and require line level inputs. If your stuck in your current configuration, you will need to drop your speaker level outs to a managable line for the amp...

Something like: JL Audio CL441dsp CleanSweep® Sound processor for use when adding amps and speakers to a factory system at Crutchfield.com

Lots of folks like to add boom boom setups to a factory car, and use devices above to tap into the factory system to feed after market amps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte