Head Units for 02 GTS

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was looking to upgrade my sound system and I was looking at head units and came across the Eclipse AVN 7000. This HU is well a bundle of everything. The only problem is Crutchfield's and Circuit City and a Sound Domain all say the HU won't fit the 02 Vipers.
I don't see why not? The depth they indicate for the Viper is 7.5". The Head Unit depth is 7". So what is the problem?
I have run into this before on different vehicles. They said the 4x6 Infinity Kappa's wouldnt fit in my Jeep. They fit just fine.

Hence I am asking if anyone has installed this particular head unit or one with the same dimensions. I havent tinkered around with the stock Alpine yet, so I dont even know what is behind the HU. Would be interested to hear some feedback.

Why the Eclipse? Simple : Hard Drive for GPS, Sony Memeory stick to put all my music on. And the option for having a rear view camera. Plus the Eclipse brand is solid construction.

OP
OP
Z

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure that is why I am asking if anyone has it or has tried it. Phenominal Head Unit, itty bitty living space?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper