HEADERS & EXHAUST ON 01

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello, anyone put balanger headers on with aftermarket exhaust on 01 without engine light coming on? Do you have to run the mopar performance computer? I haven,t installed them yet but i have seen multiple posts on this and want to have everything to make it a smoothe deal.
Jerry 01 bumblebee

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All the '00 and '01 Vipers that PartsRack has sold the NEW or USED (excellent) Belanger system {or other brand header/cat-backs!} to, have thrown the code. '00-'01 is very sensitive!

A highly-respected Viper Tech / trainer says there MAY be a TSB fix in the system now for '01. I posted the TSB # yesterday for O-2 sensor heat: TSB 18-011-01. "The Book Says" it is for '01 only. PartsRack and Dan Cragin are both experimenting with fixes. Stay tuned. One other headder "seems" to be immune. More in a week......Only 3 are installed on our customer's cars. Stay Tuned. We will share feedback.

The fix for '00 is to use the (discontinued) MoPar Performance ECU!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A data point: I had Belanger headers, stock cats, and Belanger exhaust on my '01 for about 1500 miles before it got the check engine light. However, one morning *ping* on it went. I swapped in the MOPAR ECU, and the light went away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness