Headlight bubble level

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of mine is empty. It was like this when I got the car. There is no damage to the headlight and the car has never been in an accident. Is this common? Can this be replaced? Part #? Thanks for any help. I have a pic if anyone wants one.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah my 95 has been the same way for 7 years now. I don't concern myself with it. To fix it you need to replace the entire lamp. Cost new is probably close to $1000 and you could probably get one used from some one. Not worth the $ to me and only 1 person has ever noticed it.

Paul Scharf would more and likely be the cheapest route to get one used. He has always hooked me up. I would still venture to think it is going to be expensive.

His number is 800-338-4002.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give JonB a call first thing Monday morning. Ask him how to install it, ask how many were made, talk about the cook-out you had over the week end. Blah, Blah, Blah....:lmao:

Just kidding, Jonb is the best. He can get you one I am sure.:2tu:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can be replaced by the same access panel you take off to get the light bulb out. You might want to check with Paul Sharf or ebay for a damaged light that has a good bubble / level. Once you have a good bubble it will take you about 10 minutes to do.

You can also check some of the turners or viperpartslarry.com for a damaged one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996...015QQitemZ250152906071QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

BTW, you can buy NEW headlamps for mid $500s.

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can be replaced by the same access panel you take off to get the light bulb out. You might want to check with Paul Sharf or ebay for a damaged light that has a good bubble / level. Once you have a good bubble it will take you about 10 minutes to do.

You can also check some of the turners or viperpartslarry.com for a damaged one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996...015QQitemZ250152906071QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

BTW, you can buy NEW headlamps for mid $500s.

Thanks for the info!

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless, your just going for the look you don't need a bubble to get the light aimed correctly, you could rig up a a little tunnel cut out of some thin card board that would colimate the light. Tape it in place and aim the lights on a flat white wall, should take about 15 minutes total, but would save a bundle.