heads and cam with stock exhaust

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of gains would one expect with ported heads and cam on a car with sct tune, k+n filters and a stock exhaust? Current hp is 451 hp and 484 ft lb's torque. The reason I want to stay with the stock exhaust is the noise level. I would also like to take my car and play at Laguna Seca.

I realize i'm leaving alot of hp on the table. thanks

Last edited:

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A good heads/cam package should add around 100rwhp. Others can chime in but I believe headers and catback are maybe another 30-40rwhp towards a heads/cam combo.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
450 rwhp currently.

A 710 cam from roe would put you at 505 rwhp. The roe ported heads would put you around 550-575 rwhp when combined with the cam. Youd be leaving another 50 rwhp on the table from deleteing the cats and headers plus exhaust..

Im around 550 rwhp cam only with the only exhaust mod being deleted cats. So you can defiently surpass 550 on stock exhaust with heads and cam

Last edited:

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dipapa hit something like 650whp on stock exhaust on his heads/cam car. Do a search and you will find his build info.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's a number of options out there, but this is is where I'll suggest you talk to Greg Good if you want heads. I literally just dropped the car off to my builder this evening to have Greg's heads and cam installed. With headers, I'm hoping to hit low/mid 600rwhp. :)