Heads up: cheap Mobil 1 at Autozone...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine tonight at Autozone too, and the sales guy suggested that I make two separate purchases of the 5 qt w/filter "deal" instead of buying ten qts at a time.

That way, you'll get two "Autozone Rewards" points instead of one (since you get one point for every purchase over $20). And once you get 5 points, they give you a $20 credit.

Just trying to save everyone some bux. Just make separate 5 qt purchases and you can save even more. :clap2:

well crap! I think I have that card.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine tonight at Autozone too, and the sales guy suggested that I make two separate purchases of the 5 qt w/filter "deal" instead of buying ten qts at a time.

That way, you'll get two "Autozone Rewards" points instead of one (since you get one point for every purchase over $20). And once you get 5 points, they give you a $20 credit.

Just trying to save everyone some bux. Just make separate 5 qt purchases and you can save even more. :clap2:

Yes, I do this all the time. But, you usually have to wait a little bit between transactions or you don't get 2 separate points credits . I usually just wait a day but have done it after a couple hours and it has worked. All depends on the computer system. Autozone is less than a mile from my house so it's not a big deal to me as I pass it frequently.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were a few threads on the ATV forums a while back dissing the Fram filters. Everybody steered clear of them. In fact the Walmart filters were actually found to be far better. If you do a little surfing you'll find a lot of negative articles and forum threads on Fram.

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/fram.shtml

Dang....so I may have to do another change sooner than I wanted to...:mad:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to info here somewhere (if I remember right), M1 filter is fine for Gen I and II cars, but the SRT filter is suggested for Gen III and IV cars (forgot the reason for this). I use M1 on my Gen II, and SRT on Gen IV.
All correct here. I recently saw a post on The Alley where a Gen 4 owner had issues right after installing a Mobil 1 filter. Mark Jorgensen replied with a good explanation that the Mopar filter has the oil bypass spring correctly set for the Gen 4 motor as opposed to the spring in the Mobil 1 or others. No issues with using M1 on Gen 2 cars as I did for years.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone going for the Pennzoil Ultra/Platinum deal instead of M1?