Heads up display (HUD)

Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any after market HUD's for the GTS that displays tach readings and speed? I drove a nice C6 and loved that feature. I am aware of some iphone apps making a poor attempt at HUD but it's practically invisible in daylight.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HUD has to be built correctly into the dash as well as the windshield is different with reflective stuff to make it all work...my $.02, agree like all my cars that have HUD...

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had it on one of my Vettes, and I loved it. I guess if you got an aftermarket HUD, you'd have to use a reflective coating on the windshield to make it bright enough (maybe a reflective clear sticker of some sort).

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who needs that its a viper not a deville, you might as well request memory and air conditioned seating...just listen to your engine singing rpm songs, you would know how fast you going

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's actually really useful, since you don't have to look down at your gauges to get all the info like rpm, speed, shift point...You can focus on the road ahead, and all the info is right there in front of your eyes.
Ebay sells some pretty simple HUD kits that plug into the OBD2 port for well under $100. Wonder if they're any good? Comes with reflective film for the windshield.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-HUD-Car-Head-Up-Display-System-OBD-Car-Safe-Driving-Overspeed-Warning-/380702981123?pt=US_Replacement_Faceplates&hash=item58a3aa7c03

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's actually really useful, since you don't have to look down at your gauges to get all the info like rpm, speed, shift point...You can focus on the road ahead, and all the info is right there in front of your eyes.
Ebay sells some pretty simple HUD kits that plug into the OBD2 port for well under $100. Wonder if they're any good? Comes with reflective film for the windshield.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-HUD-Car-Head-Up-Display-System-OBD-Car-Safe-Driving-Overspeed-Warning-/380702981123?pt=US_Replacement_Faceplates&hash=item58a3aa7c03

If you are deaf you need it. Again listen to rpms

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just like the idea of keeping my eyes on the road in top gear, there have been a few times when I have been (high speed) driving when people have asked me how fast I was going, my honest answer has been 'I Don't know, I was looking at the road ahead'

As for that Item on ebay, I like the idea but that unit only displays Kilometres, not proper MPH

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The largest problem with this is the dash is not deep enough. It would literally be also impossible to do without some insane custom work. (That is if it can be done)