Heartwarming Viper STORY!

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just stumbled upon this guys story and thought you guys would appreciate it too!

The guy is fighting his 3rd bout with Leukemia and has created a "Bucket List" of things he wanted to do with the time he has left.

Below is a link to his Bucket List...check his #2 wish, along with the corresponding YouTube video of it being realized!

Eric's Bucket List

Sending prayers his way!
Jim

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This is what Viper ownership is all about!

Way to go Russ!

V

Venomiss

When Eric said "I can't really describe it."

This was a great video and page to see. Thank you for sharing it.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Out of all the Viper videos I have seen, this is by far the best one. Kind of puts your own problems in perspective. I don't think I have ever seen somebody enjoy driving the Viper as much as that, myself included. I'm really happy that people are putting his wish list together and I pray to God for his health.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Read a little more on the guy's site. Apparently in June of this year his doctors advised him he is terminal. I guess this week he did get some good results. His leukemia is reduced, not in remission but reduced from a certain chemo therapy. He said in his latest "confession" video that he is starting to accept he may only have 6 months left. He was showing off his Harley sweatshirt. I'll bet he would love to have a Viper shirt or hat or something. I think we should do something for this guy. A guy that loves our cars, as much as we do, maybe more.

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read a little more on the guy's site. Apparently in June of this year his doctors advised him he is terminal. I guess this week he did get some good results. His leukemia is reduced, not in remission but reduced from a certain chemo therapy. He said in his latest "confession" video that he is starting to accept he may only have 6 months left. He was showing off his Harley sweatshirt. I'll bet he would love to have a Viper shirt or hat or something. I think we should do something for this guy. A guy that loves our cars, as much as we do, maybe more.

Chris -

I read that too last night before I posted his story here. I signed his "guestbook" and now read that there is a "Thank You" from someone to him above my post for a return thank you card, so people have sent him things.

So yeah - your idea is a good one and I'm hip to kicking up to send him something "VIPER" too :2tu:

My favorite part is when his bro asked why he's so quiet - you can tell he is just so overwhelmed/happy that he's at a loss for words.

Jim

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sure was quiet, must have been a stocker. Good for him, my Bucket list said "own a highly modified Viper". Lucky I'm not sick and can take my time to do everything I want before passing on to the next level of existense

Ted

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke to Eric McLean's brother today. I'm trying to arrange something from the bucket list. Anyway, Eric's brother said that him riding in the Viper was one of the biggest thrills of Eric's life. He said Eric couldn't stop talking about it and hopes to do it again, maybe in an ACR. I said I would try to contact somebody in Wisconsin to see if we could make that happen again. A convoy of Vipers would be even more cool. I would actually make the drive to do that.

Last edited:

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Out of all the Viper videos I have seen, this is by far the best one. Kind of puts your own problems in perspective. I don't think I have ever seen somebody enjoy driving the Viper as much as that, myself included. I'm really happy that people are putting his wish list together and I pray to God for his health.

Couldn't have said it better myself! DITTO!:2tu:

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to Eric McLean's brother today. I'm trying to arrange something from the bucket list. Anyway, Eric's brother said that him riding in the Viper was one of the biggest thrills of Eric's life. He said Eric couldn't stop talking about it and hopes to do it again, maybe in an ACR. I said I would try to contact somebody in Wisconsin to see if we could make that happen again. A convoy of Vipers would be even more cool. I would actually make the drive to do that.

You have an IM with idea to add just a little to that if it happens ...

That is really great. :drive:

G

Gotvenom 08

You have an IM with idea to add just a little to that if it happens ...

That is really great. :drive:

I'm only 90 miles from him.I did send a note asking if he would like a few of my viper trinkets.And see if he would like to drive a 600 HP car.Waiting his response.

It would be great if we could get a few vipers to caravan up to his place.

Tim

OP
OP
J

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good man chrisss!

We'd love to join you (everyone) for that event should it materialize, especially since I brought his story here. I'd love even more to do it in our first Viper (which ironically will be a B/W GTS). We are however still about 3 months away from being able to do that (I've commited to other projects that have to get done FIRST before I pull the trigger and that is a promise I cannot break).

If it happens in the meantime, sh*t we'll just drive up anyway. Maybe someone coming thru Northern IL thats going in thier Vipers can pick us up? :dunno: :D

Jim

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Very happy Eric got to drive a Viper. I emailed him when Chris first posted about this but didn't hear back from him.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor guy... One person posts his story on the VCA forums and now he has a bunch of owners practically throwing their keys at him. That must really be ******* Eric! :D

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Spoke to Eric's brother today. Eric has had a rough couple of weeks going through chemo. His leukemia has responded but the doctors seem to feel that the positive response is temporary until the disease becomes immune. They hope they are wrong but are not optimistic. If this round of chemo does not work, apparently they have tried all they can do and there is nothing more to do. Hence, Eric will be terminal with 6 months to a year to live.

I'm still trying real hard to get something from his bucket list arranged. His health is the issue but I think there may be a way around it.

Anyway, his brother told me that the Viper drive was a real thrill. But, he would absolutely love to drive or at least ride in one with some real power. An ACR would be awesome or maybe a group of cars. I guess there are some tracks in the area. I think he said one was "road america" if I remember correctly.

Would love to arrange something for this guy as to be honest, things are not going well. He still gets around but it's my understanding that he pretty much sits at home all day pretty much just being sick and waiting.

Anybody have any ideas for a drive to him or as a group? I would love to pass that on to his brother. Let me know. Once again he is in Wisconisn, I think not far from Green Bay.

mikemclean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know that Eric is still alive and well as of today! Doctors gave him about 2 months to live last June, and here he is 8 months later still beating it. He's managed to return to work last week and is loving every minute of it. Praying it stays that way! We've also set up a 501c3 non-profit organization in his name, and have a website set up for him at L.I.F.E. - The Leukemia Ironman Fundraiser for Eric.

Thank you again for all of your support!

Mike

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on an improving lifestyle. After losing both my parents and Grandmother to Cancer I feel for you Eric.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960