heat shield to sill panel adhesive?

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I removed one of my sill panels to start my exhaust install. When I removed the panel I noticed that the factory heat shield became dislodged from the sill piece. It looks like there was once an adhesive there that helped hold it in place. Now it was just sitting under there. Is there a new adhesive that I can use to hold it in there again? Something that can hold up to the heat.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't need the adhesive. It stays in place without it.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Looked like RTV to me when I took mine off. Puts a couple dabs back on when I reinstalled it. Haven't had it off to see if it worked out, but as mentioned, it holds in pretty well with just the two screws.

OP
OP
P

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will give the rtv a try. Mine didn't have any screws, it was just sitting in there.

Thanks

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used hi-temp epoxy when I found mine to be loose. I just cleaner/degreased both surfaces and and sanded the mating surfaces for better adhesion.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hmm, the screws on mine may not be factory for all I know. There's one on the very front behind the front wheel and one on the very back more or less right below the exhaust tip. As mentioned, they're likely not really needed as the sill is pretty much an enclosed area anyway, but may help to reduce potential noise.