Heater motor quit working

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had several maintenance items handled by the dealer:

* Power flush and fill radiator
* Install 180 degree thermostat

Tonight I went for a ride and my heater wouldn't work. I froze my tail off. I tried the A/C and felt cold air when moving. Turned it to heat and nothing.

Any suggestions????

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is only one blower motor, so if there is air movement for A/C, there should be air movement for heat. Was there air movement, even if it was cold?

The heater core is fed with hoses visible on the passenger side footbox. Are they warm to the touch? (Be careful.) Is the temperature valve on the footbox in the "open" position? (The valve should have an arrow pointing which way.) If not, maybe the cable has slipped.

If you have air movement, the easy answer is that the coolant flush left air in the system, and the heater box is a "high" spot and air collects there. You'll have to burp the system (squish the large radiator hose on the driver side and push the air through the heater core.) Then refill the plastic container with the radiator cap and also check the level in the overflow container.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually no heat after changing coolant is the result of a big air buble in the system.

I will not be surprised if you're a couple of 1/4 low.

You can also check that the cable that control the heater valve ( passenger side, below the windshield wiper motor) has not been dislodged from the valve

Luc.00GTS

OP
OP
P

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To further explain the problem:

When I turn the fan on high, I can neither feel it or hear it blowing. I thought it might be a fuse or relay or disconnected line somewhere. Then I turn it to a/c and feel a very slight flow of ice cold air when I am moving. I can't feel the heat at all.

Larry94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me when I had work done on my car. In my case the two electrical connections to the blower motor were disconnected. I don't know why they would have disconnected them to perform the service you discribed but its worth checking. As I recall, they are located just beneath the blower toward the front