Heffner or Palo?

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you might know both Heffner (my personal fave) and Palo are putting out the DIY TT systems. A friend of mine has the first heffner one installed on his GTS and says it's more then enough power at both the 5 the 9 psi setting. I was also witness and photographer to Jason's awesome 10.87 pass on only 5 psi, stock tires, motor, hardly any burnout, and while "messing around with the shifting" during the run. Imagine the 9 psi setting, on radials, good burnout and shifting as best you can. Looks like we'll soon see how Palo's system stacks up when its completed. I pray the best for both turners. But I must add a congrads to Jason and my buddy for what i've seen so far. To think... do it yourself TT's... what's the Viper world coming to. PM me for pics of the pass :D

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bike4Christ1,

As an avid supporter of Paolo Castellano's TT setup, we have not run a number yet and we appreciate your consideration, positive comparison and are working on producing some numbers in the very near future.

Thanks again,

Jay K.

OP
OP
V

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jay

No problem on the positive info, I learned real quick in the military the REAL meaning of "united we stand, divided we fall". I see so many fights and arguements on here it's unreal. The only time things can get sour with me is when someone mistakes my kindness for weakness, then thats different. However I do my best to keep it civilized where ever I go, and at any rate I wish you the best with everything. Also with Heffners set up I mentioned above and radials I would not be suprized to hear the number 9 knockin on the Vipers door. Again PM for pics :)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Wait a sec! Heff is building a DYI TT kit???? When did this happen and why wasn't I told?????????

OP
OP
V

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, well that is out of my hands... BUT I can tell you first hand, it's the real deal, real nice and one heck of a system. And as I stated before....

"I was also witness and photographer to Jason's awesome 10.87 pass on only 5 psi, stock tires, motor, hardly any burnout, and while "messing around with the shifting" during the run".

Thats proof enough for me :D

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been searching both forums all day trying to find anytning on Heff's TT DIY. 1Tony told me about it, but I can't find squat on it.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you might know both Heffner (my personal fave) and Palo are putting out the DIY TT systems. A friend of mine has the first heffner one installed on his GTS and says it's more then enough power at both the 5 the 9 psi setting. I was also witness and photographer to Jason's awesome 10.87 pass on only 5 psi, stock tires, motor, hardly any burnout, and while "messing around with the shifting" during the run. Imagine the 9 psi setting, on radials, good burnout and shifting as best you can. Looks like we'll soon see how Palo's system stacks up when its completed. I pray the best for both turners. But I must add a congrads to Jason and my buddy for what i've seen so far. To think... do it yourself TT's... what's the Viper world coming to. PM me for pics of the pass :D

bike4Christ1, I am glad you are becoming familiar with and are enjoying the whole Viper twin turbo experience!

The monster Viper V-10 is quite the motor for a mild to moderate bolt-on twin turbo system.

It looks like Heffner's DIY is a well made bolt-on system.

Jim and I are working hard to get everything done and I hope to have some numbers soon to offer yet another DIY Viper twin turbo option to all interested!

Thank you for the mention in this thread and I will keep everybody posted! :2tu:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jay

No problem on the positive info, I learned real quick in the military the REAL meaning of "united we stand, divided we fall".

Are you telling the truth about this or is my first opinion on your post being ******** correct ? Positive info....was it deleted before I read the thread ??? For Jason yes, for Paolo no. This is an ad for Jasons kit and nothing more so don't try to represent it as anything else.

And before the Heffner fans start jumping on me. Note the other gentleman in this thread that even mentioned I told him about Jasons kit. I am also a fan of Jasons, but I do call B.S. when I see it no matter who is involved. I look forward to doing installs on both kits.

brap

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can someone provide links or more info to where these are avialable? I am just now in the market for TT kit, and DIY is exactly what I want. The timing on this could have not been better.

Thank you.

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw Paolo's DIY TT setup last night, and all I have to say is WOW. Very impressive. They definately did their homework with this setup too. No corners were cut, and I can tell you the install is very straightforward.
I like both tuners, and know they will both have great products. But I really like the idea of the Monster Power DIY TT setup being fully upgradeable. We all know how power becomes addictive, and their setup is ready for the next steps instantly. Would only require simple changes to get to crazy power. WTG. Can't wait for the final numbers.

Tom

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brap,

Informational links on Paolo Castellano's TT Setup can be found under the Supplier's Specials forum on this site. Read the two links below.

Fully upgradeable, Front Mount DIY twin turbo systems Available Soon!

and

Monster Power Performance DIY Front Mount TT Details

Jay K.

Not that a web page or video's or photos would be the end all, but don’t you think maybe a little more then just 2 somewhat similar posts should be used to market your product offering? I'm really excited about both of these options, but a professional presentation on a web site shows more thoughtful follow through and professionalism then some random posts do. This actually applies to Heffner too, does he have a link to his new kit on his web site? Show us the propaganda!! :)

Jon

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How exactly did Paolo go from being a Heffner supercharger customer to a tuner in a year or so?

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo wanted more more and more.........
tuners at the time didn't think there was a need or demand for the power levels Paolo wanted (ohhhhh how they were wrong). So he's doing it himself..............

OP
OP
V

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After talking with Jason at the track a rough estimate for a finalized price is somewhere around 10K. And after talking with my friend the other night that owns the first prototype kit, he mentioned on the 9psi seting is when they maxed out the stock fuel pump. As far as dyno's go, all i'll say is that with still more tuning to do they got VERY close to 700 rwhp on a totally stock motor before having to change the pump out. So in that light I'm guessing he will include an upgraded pump with the kit when completed. Again nothing set in stone yet. As far as looks go... Awesome! Keeps an almost stock looking engine compartment except for the beautifully crafted TT pipes and waste gates. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Paolo:

No prob on the mention, I think it's great to finally get this idea out, as it's a great way to increase HP with LESS hastle. And like with a Roe, IF for any reason you want to convert it back to stock, it's as easy as removing the system. Not to mention a done up Snake with heads, headers, exaust, Nos the whole 9.. that would run in the 10's, or 9's your going to race it a few times and then have to keep checking to make sure everything is in tact. With this kit you get the same times depending on tuning, but with WAY less stress on the motor and also maintaining complete drivability and stock internals/look. You do the math... :D

OP
OP
V

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1TONY1:

I appreciate any imput positive or negitive, but i do want to clear something up here. NO this is not a specific "AD" for his system, and the reason I mention it more in my first post rather then Paolo's is because i've seen it run, and track tested first hand. Plus i've been a "Heffners guy" long before these systems were introduced. And with ALL do respects to Paolo and his team.... until they produce more cars and have one of them put down an 8.28 @ 177 :2tu: i'll be a heffners guy til then. But by then heff might have something around a 7.71 @ 197 :laugh:

Thanks again for the input and I wish you the best with your instalations

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1TONY1:

I appreciate any imput positive or negitive, but i do want to clear something up here. NO this is not a specific "AD" for his system, and the reason I mention it more in my first post rather then Paolo's is because i've seen it run, and track tested first hand. Plus i've been a "Heffners guy" long before these systems were introduced. And with ALL do respects to Paolo and his team.... until they produce more cars and have one of them put down an 8.28 @ 177 :2tu: i'll be a heffners guy til then. But by then heff might have something around a 7.71 @ 197 :laugh:

Thanks again for the input and I wish you the best with your instalations

So in summary Tony was right you are just making a plug for Jason. Not that there is anything wrong with that but... You did start a thread called "Heffner or Paolo". No matter what Paolo comes up with you are going with Heffner anyway so I am not sure what this thread is for. I guess it is a plug for your favorite tuner. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
V

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, I dont want to turn this into the "Battle of the Turbo's" here. My intent with this thread is to get the info out that both Heff and Paolo have DIY TT's coming shortly. Ok so I lean more towards Heffners, so what? I'm sure anyone would agree that he has class A work and always delivers on his required time. Also hats off to Paolo for stepping up to the plate with this DIY TT idea as well, and putting the required work and proper test time in. Because the last thing any tuner wants is to start issuing systems out only to have motors blowing left and right, God forbid.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the biggest difference is does one want a TT system that one can see the turbos up front and personal or a system with the turbos in the footwells? Better ask yourself how much power you want as well and figure out what system will deliver it?

Performance is one thing and believe me this is not rocket science so power will be made with a pair of turbos on these cars, BUT there is a POSER side to it as well. CAUSE GAWD KNOWS MOST OF YOU GUYS JUST WANT SOMETHING TO BRAG ABOUT WHEN YOU POP THE HOOD AT THE LOCAL SONICS AND WILL NEVER TRACK THE CAR MORELESS UTILIZE THE FULL POTENTIAL OF ANY KIT.

Any car making 580rwhp and over 600rwtq should run 10.80's. Put a set of tires on it and it will be in the 10.30 to 10.40 range. That was an average time with that power on street tires.