Hello I'm a new guy

IT BIT ME

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello I\'m a new guy

Just wanted to say hello.I just got a Red 1997 GTS.I love the car it only has 18000 miles on it.Hope to have fun with the car and learn more about the Viper world.I'm not new to cars just Vipers.I have had almost every Mustang and love them,just time for a Viper.I live in Washington State.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Hello I\'m a new guy

Welcome and enjoy. Do yourself a favor and gradually work your way into the viper. Upgrading from mustangs may seem like a short step, but that's where this car will get you. Once you get comfortable with the twitchyness you'll never go back...

OP
OP
I

IT BIT ME

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks I will take care with this car till I get to know it.This car has my total respect.Thanks

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where in Washington State you at...it seems like the washington guys are pretty rare on here. Im in Yakima.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Casey 111 & IT BIT ME

I lived in the Tri-Cities, WA for about three years... and will be traveling back there during the month of May. Won't be in the Viper. Wife, child and I are going to see the wife's family. We will be right in the middle of you both in Richland, WA.

IT BIT ME - Congrats on the Viper!!!

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Congrats on your new ride. :2tu:
I all so went from Mustang ll to 97 Viper GTS.

V

venms96

Welcome, Congrats on your Viper purchase. Cool screen name.
You'll forget about those Stangs in no time.....

venms96
1996 GTS - Stock (Chrome OEM wheels) - Out of Winter Hibernation !
NEW Michelin Pilots

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When do you guys drive your snakes, doesn't it rain every day in the northwest?

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We actually get to drive them quite a bit. In winter, there is quite a bit of rain, but the weather is mild and I can usually take my snake out for at least a quick drive every couple of weeks on dry roads. Much better than having to put them to bed for a number of months because of snow and salt on the roads IMO.

Casey 111, we usually go through Yakima on our way over to the River City Rod Run in Post Falls ID in July and Lake Chelan over Memorial Day weekend. A couple of years ago, we even took home the Miss Hot Rod trophy. If you're a VCA member, you are welcome to hook up with us as we come through town.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats! and enjoy.... Keep it straight when jumping on it, and carefull on the gas in turns..

Cold outside air temps = cold pavement and tires (don't mix.)

Best, Dave

OP
OP
I

IT BIT ME

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys feels great to be part of the viper world.Took it out for a drive to ******* today now I just need to find out how to post the pic's?????

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats! WOW stang to Viper! thats a BIG step..>I went from Stang, to Vette, to M3, to M5....I would have saved TONS of money if i followed you! Best of luck....

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats on your new Snake,and welcome to the Viper Nation!Keep your steering,throttle,shifting and braking inputs smooth,stay focused,and all should be well.The Viper is your faithful servant,and will do exactly what you tell it to do with your hands and feet,but it is a bit more sensitive than the cars you're used to.Enjoy! :2tu:

OP
OP
I

IT BIT ME

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys.You all are a bunch of nice guys.It makes me proud to be a viper owner.If someone could tell me how to post some pic's I will try. Thanks

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys.You all are a bunch of nice guys.It makes me proud to be a viper owner.If someone could tell me how to post some pic's I will try. Thanks

http://www.imageshack.us

Pretty much explains itself, just copy and paste forum thumbnail link 1 into your message and you should be good to go ;)