Hello to the members I am a new Viper user of 2 days

Reaction score
Hello I am Rich in NJ have a new coupe red no stripes bought it Friday from Buhler Dodge in Eatontown good people nice transaction. The viper is really new to me I am lost in getting to be comfortable in it. I need to raise the seat up a bit any suggestions. Also turned the vent on only hot air coming out. I have ordered from Jon parts as most of you have reco. like corsa track exhaust, HF cats tstat and new comp and K&N Most of you think highly of Jon and he was very helpful thanks. Any suggestions as to learn to drive the car would be appreciated I am just an old street jockey from the Bronx.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont floor it unless ou are piointing straight. Take some high speed driving lessons.

after that, drive it like you stole it and dont crack it up!

K

Kaya

Congrats....I just bought a plain blue coupe in June! I love my car.

Why do you need to raise the seat up? I am 5 foot 4 inches and I set my pedals almost all the way forward and the seat pretty close to the middle and I can see great out of the car.

It took me about a week to get the seat and pedals set for my short height. I have been driving my car daily with no issues. The car is pretty comfortable....my suggestion is just drive the heck out of it and you will get comfortable.

Welcome to the forum!

Did the dealer tell you that you get a year free membership or the VCA, the Viper Magazine and the SRT track experience?

Kaya

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks I am from Morristown NJ I am 5' 9' but am fairly short waist to head I would feel more comfortable if i could bemaybe 1 or 2 inches higher. One my ride home from Buhler with the car I tried to adjust the pedals and the gas and brake adjusted but the clutch stuck all the way up. I fixed it when I got home the screw rods where out of sink so the clutch ran out of adjustment and pulled the screw rod out of transmission. All fixed but I am still uncomfortable driving it just need lots more time. What a great auto didn't know what I was missing. Sold a 2 month old C6 Z06 to get the viper glad I did. The viper feels very stable on the road and the build quality of the body and paint is outstanding. What about the heater it only blows hot air when the ac is off even though it is cool outside is it just picking up engine heat or I am I not controlling it right. I kind of ike to cruise with the window open so I can hear the car but there is too much heat unless the ac is on and the windows closed. Thanks

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! You still have time to sign up for VOI in Vegas. You and your Viper will have a great time.

Tico

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, when you turn the fan on (without the AC) it picks up the engine heat. Since you like riding with the windows down - just turn the fan completely off.

In my case, the Corsa Track exhaust helped reduce the interior heat significantly (since the crossovers are eliminated).

The first couple of days I was a little uncomfortable in the Viper - after significant seat time I now love it (fits like a glove).

Just out of curiosity - why did you exchange the C6 Z06 for the Viper?

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I sold my 03 Z06(perfect car) for the C6 Z06 in the first 3 hours of ownership I had a CV joint problem, large tranny leak, right rear brake problem, rear end diff leaking seriously, radio worked intermittently and needed roof reglue. The biggest problem was that you could hear a pin drop in the vette it was too high tech too quiet almost to the point of boring and the car came with a disclaimer that GM would not handle any claims dealing with abuse. If you where loosing traction and shifted to second they wouldn't cover warr on rear or tranny.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your dissappoint with the C6 Z06. I have a couple friends who work at that plant in Bowling Green and I hate to hear of issues with Corvettes. I definitley can say that you will enjoy the Viper once you get used to driving it. Look foward to pics. Welcome! :2tu:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich come to SILO RIDGE with us on sun. by the end of the day you will be a pro. Congrats, see if you can hook-up with us this sun. Some NJ guys are coming and maybe you can hook-up with them...Adrian

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Rich come to SILO RIDGE with us on sun. by the end of the day you will be a pro. Congrats, see if you can hook-up with us this sun. Some NJ guys are coming and maybe you can hook-up with them...Adrian
I would like to try and i certainly want to join the regional viper club as well, where is silo ridge and when are you going whats going on there. Thanks Adrian

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a AC recall on the 06 SRTs, mine was one, call Buhler and have them check. I work in Morristown if you ever want to meet for lunch.

Good luck and enjoy!

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, congrats!!! You will love it. I recommend a Viper Days event or two, and any driving schools you can find. There is a Skip Barber school at Lime Rock, may not be too far from you. The power, torque and lack of nanny's can catch you off gaurd:)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich, im just up 287 north of you. talk with rob (GTS930) he's from morristown and he's probably gonna be following me to the city and up to silo ridge on sunday if ya wanna join us.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
There was a AC recall on the 06 SRTs, mine was one, call Buhler and have them check. I work in Morristown if you ever want to meet for lunch.

Good luck and enjoy!
It would be nice to meet I have a stereo shop on 202 across from Arthur's rest it is called JS Audio i have been there for thirty years. stop in or call Rich at 973 292 2799. If anyone needs aud video equipment I will help at dealer cost. thanks Rich

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Rich, im just up 287 north of you. talk with rob (GTS930) he's from morristown and he's probably gonna be following me to the city and up to silo ridge on sunday if ya wanna join us.
What time and where my only problem is right now I am on call for my 4th grandchild is due yesterday maybe it will be over by the weekend let me know specs. thanks

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Richard Congrats and Welcome!! :2tu:

Join the club and come out and play with us! :cool:
Hey Chuck I see you are also a gun enthusiast. I am too. I belong to a great indoor pistol range in somerset NJ I can go anytime day or night it is very nice I do mostly pistol there if you would like to go one day that would be nice. Rich

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

You won't have to JOIN the New Jersey Region of our VCA.... because Dodge gifts you with one year membership .....

FREE!

Here's their site: www.viperclubnj.com

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Rich, Welcome...
below are the meeting spots and times for the curse on Sunday.
I'll be heading out for the curse and brunch, but I live in Bridgewater so will be taking 78 to the tunnel.

Here's some meeting spots::

9:30 AM NYC 34th & 1st.
10:00 AM NYS Thruway Ardsley Rest Area (just after the Yonkers Toll between Exits 6A & 7)
10:45 On Taconic entrance ramp from Route 84

We'll take route 44 east off of the Taconic. Some of our local members can direct us after the exit. There appears to be a few nicer routes up there than route 44.

Mamba071

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, congrats!!! You will love it. I recommend a Viper Days event or two, and any driving schools you can find. There is a Skip Barber school at Lime Rock, may not be too far from you. The power, torque and lack of nanny's can catch you off gaurd:)

Hey FastMD, are you going to this event?

I never got to checkout your mods.
I think I saw you the otherday on 202 for a split sec.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte