Help, can't open my door!

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help, can\'t open my door!

Anyone have any ideas how to get the inside door panels off without being able to open the door. I think my door latch is stuck and the door won't open. But without opening it I can't take the panels off to get at it to fix the problem. It sounds like the latching is still working but I suspect that there is dust or dirt in the latch and it won't spring open. I've put a pound of WD-40 in there to try to loosen it up but so far no go. Any ideas?

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Help, can\'t open my door!

I'm not sure about a '94, but my '01 has an emergency latch located on the inside of the door right by my head. Good Luck. :confused:

OP
OP
P

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the help guys, the write up in the link is great, hope it works. Unfortunately I don't have an emergency latch...so just call me Luke Duke for the next few days!

PX3 1995 V/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian, Michigan United States of America

You might have to "play" with the door lock inside. Try switching it back and forth quickly and see if it sounds like its operating or not. You should hear a "click". Also, check to see if there actually is any drag on the door handle when you pull on it. I have a Dodge Daytona that does the same thing and once you get that door open by all means get in there and see whats up. Good luck!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang