help...diagnostics...CHUCK TATOR ?!?!?!?...........

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battery seems to be going dead. Checked the alt. output, and is anywhere between 13.5 - 14.1 depending on what is running like the fan cooler, radio, lights. The battery is new. Checked all connections, look good.

Some symptoms:
1. While driving, the radio goes on and off every few minutes. this never happend before.
2. Put the lights on and felt the draw, as though the engine was momentarily going to die out.
3. Didn't leave anything on like lights or anything, just the alarm.
4. Battery indicator light went on while I was driving, stayed on a few minutes and went off.

Could the battery just be bad....have a short?
Could this have anything to do with the strange thing that has started happening where the car doors will lock after I get out and leave the car running? Good thing I have the hard top off now for the summer.

Need to get this figured out. Have Pocono next weekend the 30th, will be setting the car up and putting on the trailer next thursday night the 29th.

Chuck...I know the party is next weekend...this could not happen at a worse time!

THANKS !!!!

Andrew

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad battery or a short to me. Chuck will chime in, but in the mean time, go stick a new battery in it. See what happens.

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come onnnnnn......Chuck, you are the man! Did I ever tell you that I still consider you the NY/CT Viper Tech ??? Is there anything I can get you from the Bronx?

AC

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pretty sure its the battery. Mine did simular things. Those chrysler computers are real sensitve to voltage drop! I actually went thru three Interstate batterise before I got a good one (so I recommend buying the Mopar or Optima)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dizzy8085