OP
OP
V

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> I would but, I live about 10 states away. Tim

Tim, you make a valid point.

One thing that has worked for me in the past is to call the BBB in the local area (listed on the BBB website). Ask the BBB who is the dealership contact for the BBB relationship. Call that person and say that you are calling them to see if you can sort out this matter before filing an official BBB complaint (costs $10).

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look on the internet for the State Attorney Generals Office, get the address.

Look up the Department of Consumer Services, get the address.

Call 3 news stations in the town were the dealership is and ask for the consumer advocates name at the station, get the addresses.

Write a letter to the dealership. Telling them you are sending a copy of the letter to the following addresses, inlcude in the the names and addresses of the above.

Send the letter certified mail, return receipt requested. Probably cost you less than $5.

Also send a copy of the letter to all of the above addresses.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a similar instance locally where a furniture store was holding large deposits, not shipping the product *** not refunding. Our local TV station did sme research and found Federal trade laws that applied to shipped merchandise... Here is the quote below:

When you are buying furniture or anything else that's "shipped," Federal law states the seller must either give you a shipping date, or it automatically becomes 30 days from when the order was placed. If it is delayed, you have the option of accepting a new delivery date or cancelling with a full refund.

This should apply to your car, also. I believe it has to do with interstate commerce / shipping laws.

Besides being a HORRENDOUS business practice to commit to refund the deposit and then not follow through, its probably illegal...

Its still amazing to me that folks think they can get away with strong arming the consumer. With the power of the internet, everyone's dirty laundry is only a Google search away... Please keep us posted.

And for everyone else, this may be a lesson to rememer. Write on the buyers orders that the car must be delevered by XX date, if not, buyer can request and receive a full refund of deposit.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken Diemer:
Go to The State of Michigan Website From there you can select Michigan Attorney General. One of the options is to file a complaint on line. Another option you can choose is the Michigan Bureau of Automotive Regulation. Good Luck!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good advice. I would also send the letter I mentioned above. It will get you action much faster than the Attorney Generals office will, which will take a month and a half or MORE.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21