Help, I need to prove a point

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know it's a bit childish, but allot of guys I know don't believe the gts is capable of doing 11's stock. I know allot of guys are running close to mid 11's with just khumo's. Also guys are dynoing 420+rwhp stock. Can you guys please post some experiences, proof, slips, anything I can use to talk some smack with my boys. After all it's part of the fun, I just need some legitimate proof. Thanks in advance, help a brother represent.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ask paul

he ran a totally bone stocker to 11.7X and he isnt the only one to do it. keep in mind it was on pilots too.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a video of an '01 GTS with tubes & K&N filters doing 11.9 with stock tires. And I've seen him do 11.6 (not on video)

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Back in 1999 my 99 GTS with Snake Oyl muffler delete and K&N filters ran a 11.98 at 121+ mph.
This was with the original tires and the car had a little over 1000 miles on the odometer. I cant remember the 60 ft time but I think it was in the 1.8 range.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What I'm missing though are documented runs where there are posts with slips and witnesses and some reasonable representations that the car was stock and on stock tires. I see that kind of documentation on modded Vipers but not stock. Just would like to find and read such threads. Thanks in advance.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to prove a point to some trash talkers about what your car can do, take it to the strip and show them. What good is someone else's time slip, stock or not?

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you want to prove a point to some trash talkers about what your car can do, take it to the strip and show them. What good is someone else's time slip, stock or not?

Just looking for proof of what the gts is capable of stock, with a GOOD driver (I am avg.) Slips are reasonable proof, but I would like to hear of real life times and experiences, even without proof.

aslowdodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gm hi tech magazine ran a viper vs a z-o6 back in 02 I believe. Viper beat the z by running 11's on a hot day with evan smith driving both cars. Published Article should prove it

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
gm hi tech magazine ran a viper vs a z-o6 back in 02 I believe. Viper beat the z by running 11's on a hot day with evan smith driving both cars. Published Article should prove it

That's absolutely right! I know.... as Evan was driving MY 2000 Black/silver STOCK GTS.

11.98 in 90+ degree weather, 90+% humidity.