Help in Illinois Please

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
Well if anyone remembers my last post, I was considering the purchase of a '00 GTS in GA. However, there was a person ahead of me in line - I was just really hoping that he wouldn't bite. Well he did. Thanx anyway BLEBYU.

I now have my crosshairs on a '98 GTS at Koller Dodge in IL. From my phone conservations and what I've read on this forum, Don Sleik is a pretty stand up guy.

But.. Could someone take a peek at the Viper for me? I think Steve Ferguson, Scott M, and ZX1100 may live out that way - hint hint. Any others.. I IMPLORE YOU, MY FELLOW ENTHUSIASTS!!!

As usual, thanx in advance

Douglas

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Midgetfist, I will be happy to take a look for you! Don Sleik is a stand up guy and a personal friend of mine! The car is exactly what he says it is! Paolo

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug, I too can take a look at it if nobody else can. I can bring along some of my other car nut friends that would look it over in case I miss anything.

Paolo, when will you get a chance to look at it so we can meet up if you do?

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug, I too can take a look at it if nobody else can. I can bring along some of my other car nut friends that would look it over in case I miss anything.

Paolo, when will you get a chance to look at it so we can meet up if you do?

OP
OP
M

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
My plan was to purchase a low mileage GTS with a transferable warranty; otherwise I was just going to purchase an extended DC warranty myself. Several posts in the archives indicate that you can purchase and apply extended DC warranties to pre-owned Vipers that are less than 8 years old. I've spoken with a couple of the supporting dealers on this forum (except Chuck Tator - he was at the "post office" when I called
laugh.gif
) and they have advised me that I can only purchase an extended DC warranty on a Viper that has an in-service date of 4 years or less. Unfortunately, the '98 GTS in IL does not qualify. I'll investigate this issue further after the New Year and PM you guys if the deal may still go through. Otherwise, I may have to "settle" for a newer creampuff - OH THE HUMANITY....
supergrin.gif

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll go check it out for you!!!! Maybe I can visit my engine and transmission they have.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

On second thought they will probably just do what they did the last time I was there and tell me to "Get the f#@^k out of here."

The above was not said to me by Don, but the service manager.

Anyway, good luck!

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Birvini...you gotta be kidding. Did they really say that to you? I have mine at the dealer now and the people where it's at are top notch with me so far. The rest of the Viper guys get there work done there also. I guess that dealer is right in your backyard but if they treat you like that then I would think twice about going there again.