Help me understand this!

Ag's'95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in a relatively small town (about 100K) and this past Friday decided to drive my car to a college baseball game. Beautiful night, car is clean, you guys understand. So I come out of the game and much to my frustration I find that some ****(s) has decided to pour a cup of ice in both of my seats. It is just absolutly beyond my understanding. The car was not parked in a spot that says "hey look at me, I am really special" nor was it "double parked" so peolpe could not park next to it. Just parked like all of the other cars in the lot. What gives with people. I feel like the Viper really is polarizing to poeple. They either like and appreciate it or they just assume you are a egotistical **** for having one.

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****, but imagine right out side your house a gallon of anti-freeze poured all over your paint and the bottle left on you roof, jealous people ****.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bright side is at least there wasn't any more serious damage requiring repairs that would have potentially devalued the car.

DrDJ

OP
OP
A

Ag's'95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both you guys are correct and I am glad that nothing serious was done involving paint etc. It just ****** me off and makes no sence. Gottaviper, your story really makes it seem like no big deal. I would just never think to try and tear up someones car like that.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bright side is at least there wasn't any more serious damage requiring repairs that would have potentially devalued the car.

DrDJ

I second that!

I bet if your car were a normal, everyday convertible with the top down, they would've done the same.

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is sadly why i won't even take my car to a resteraunt. i won't take it any where i feel it isn't secure. i've even got to the point where i don't even mention i have them when the subject comes up.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel the same way I do not leave my GTS sit any where unprotected and I do not even talk about it in front of strangers because they all give you that look like you are some little rich bastard and everything has been given to you.

Pat.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I now what your talking about. When I go anywhere I don't even mention that I drive a viper. Normally if u do people look at u like your full of **** or your a rich D!ck. Atleast thats how I feel

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a shame that we basically can't let them out of our sight. The few times I've been at a restaurant where I didn't have eye contact with it....I found myself going to the restroom alot just to make sure noone was monkeying around with it. :crazy:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys have got to stop doing this [******]. we get these stories all the time.

the VERY FIRST time i left my car unattended, i came back to find to find butt marks on my hood. it looked like someone sat on my hood for a picture, then slid their fat asp down my hood as they left. luckily i got the minute scratches out, but i learned a lesson:

NEVER, EVER LEAVE THESE CARS UNATTENED. :buttkick:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't leave mine in public after dark. During the day, up near the front of a parking lot is ok.
But I live in a rural area.

There was a guy on here a couple of years ago who came back to his RT10 with his date, after eating dinner.
Someone had taken a leak in the passenger seat.

He had to get a cab for his date.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow, that is all pathetic.
I drive my car to work a couple of times per week. Leave it parked outside, alone, and have not had a problem.

I guess I am brave, since no vandal could make it look worse than when I bought the car. I figure, I'll enjoy it and if something happens I'll fix it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I know that has happened to my car is someone spit on the hood one night while I was in a restaurant with some friends. I was beyond mad. Some people are just jealous who are mad because they know they are too lazy to ever work hard enough to afford a car like a Viper.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow, that is all pathetic.
I drive my car to work a couple of times per week. Leave it parked outside, alone, and have not had a problem.
I drive mine to work pretty much every day it doesn't rain, and I normally cover it while at work (just to reduce the dust/etc). Never any problem, and I've been driving a Viper to work like this for 8 years. Of course, part of it has been that the parking space was away from others, and until the most recent job, it was just outside my office window. Perhaps part of it also is that its black, and doesn't gain a lot of attention while not moving (exactly as I want it).

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't turn it into a Ruth Buzzy when it's unattended.
Its like leaving a supermodal in a very **** outfit unshaparoned in public.
Vipers are perpetually sending out the same message out to men. Weather you're there or not. They need to be watched closely.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sh%t is crazy! It would be almost worth it to just catch the person in the act, what I would give for that!
Just be aware of your sorroundings.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in a relatively small town (about 100K) and this past Friday decided to drive my car to a college baseball game. Beautiful night, car is clean, you guys understand. So I come out of the game and much to my frustration I find that some ****(s) has decided to pour a cup of ice in both of my seats. It is just absolutly beyond my understanding. The car was not parked in a spot that says "hey look at me, I am really special" nor was it "double parked" so peolpe could not park next to it. Just parked like all of the other cars in the lot. What gives with people. I feel like the Viper really is polarizing to poeple. They either like and appreciate it or they just assume you are a egotistical **** for having one.

AG,
sorry to hear this happened. Got to always watch out for the d!cks out there. Do you have a T-cover? When I had my 96 RT, anytime I left it for go into a resturant or movies, I always installed it(very easy to do, just snaps into place). For the most part, it keeps the d!cks out of the interior of the car. Of course, if they really want to screw with it, they will. I loved my T-cover :2tu:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't take my car anywhere where I can't keep an eye on it unless its with a group of Vipers or other car people that watch out for each other.Crime probably commited by some ******* with a peanut sized brain and even smaller dick. GTS Bruce

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. :( This is why my next car will be a coupe. Never had any problems. Just hate worrying about something happening. My fear of future loss, know as anxiety. :(

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ags95, you live in CS? I'm just guessing that you are Aggie from your name.

***** about your car. My wife and I both ride motorcycles and often we will come out and someone has spit on them or left their trash on it or some other childish act.

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I left my Viper unattended many times with no problems. It just depends where you take it. If you leave it parked where there is a lot of teenagers walking past it, there is a greater likelihood it will be messed with. Bad places to leave your Viper are any high school events, movie theaters, malls, bars/clubs and college parking lots. Also, some neighborhoods.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"hey look at me
I beg to differ, when you bought your viper, you also bought the hey look at me, it ***** but its true. I also feel your pain, I went to the local store about 10 at night, was about 10 minutes inside the store. Drove home and noticed that some A-Hole had put there left over chew on the roof of my car. I quickly wiped it off, thank god I had washed and waxed it earlier that day. .02

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for your problems. I haven't had any yet, 100K+ miles. I drive my RT/10 ******* everywhere any time day or night. And the Tampa Bay area aint no small town. But as much as possible I try to park it in smart spots. Either up close or under a light, high volume traffic areas either auto or pedestrian.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. :( This is why my next car will be a coupe. Never had any problems. Just hate worrying about something happening. My fear of future loss, know as anxiety. :(
Hope you have some *other* reason to choose a coupe. Otherwise, have you considered just putting the top on and perhaps some aftermarket locking windws? :cool: (At least, thats what I did). And, for that matter, the cockpit cover or the tonneau cover work quite well - and I used either quite often, when I don't put the full cover on.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still I've had no fear of some one messing with my interior. My fear is some [******] having a bad day or thinking he's cool with his buddies and walk by and key my car. OOO man that just sent chills down my spin. I guess thats why I pick and choose where I'm going and if I should take the viper or not.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No defense like a good offense. Talk to the college security guys and lay into them about not providing adequate surveillance if they don't have a security camera! If they do find this guy, he'll develop a new respect for other people's personal property.

It's the feeling of immunity, coupled with jealousy, which makes people think this behavior is OK. You may not change their sense of jealousy, but we can rearrange the public's sense of responsibility. People have to believe they can't get away with anything like that.

OP
OP
A

Ag's'95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for all of their own stories and comments. It is too bad that this is just a fact of life for us. Bottom line is jealous people just ****!

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
off with their heads.they are needle ***** that have a 10 year old honda accord or a their sister bike that was handed down to the **** .park in valet ,park it your self pay the 20 bucks like henry hill on good fellas.you toucha my car i breaka you face

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960