Help me with selling price

DIESELDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have now placed an ad in forum's classified section for my 08 Coupe, but have had no inquiries at 65K. 6700 miles, in excellent condition. All stock with stripes and navigation. Venom red/silver str. Any help, advice, comments would be appreciated. Thank you

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you're that far off on pricing honestly, particularly with the lower miles. VR isn't exactly a sought after, or rare, color though...so you might have to get a little more agressive on pricing. Lets be honest, with Vipers, there are basically no options, so color combo and mileage are the 2 main determining factors. Also, I think most owners find up to a three month for sale period, unless you are in a fire sale situation, which you clearly aren't.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it just takes the right buyer, period- the car is what it is- either give it away and sell it tomorrow- or hold till you get a fair price- poor market right now

OP
OP
D

DIESELDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 72 and my wife says its time to grow up. I owned earlier Vipers, and had to try this gen IV......a lot of car.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 72 and my wife says its time to grow up. I owned earlier Vipers, and had to try this gen IV......a lot of car.
:headbang: I can only hope I am still driving a Viper at 72, that is awesome!

IMO 60-65 depending on buyer seller for a car like that. I love VR also. A great color.

Reaction score
Photos are good, but so is video - let them hear it roar, see it in motion, give it some exciting music - even if it's just mostly a slideshow of the stills (with a little panning added for motion) and a few seconds here and there of hearing the engine, it could help get a prospective buyer's blood running hot :) You could also do a video walk-around too, describing this and that, but I still would think the key is hearing the thing. Amazing how that can bump the excitement up to the next level, for me at least!

PS - I occasionally let people have the pleasure of firing mine up, so that I have the pleasure of standing on the outside and hearing it growl to life, heh. They are told its ok so long as they don't put it in any sort of gear!

OP
OP
D

DIESELDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have serious reservations at 60, but would consider say....62,500as middle ground. Good health at my age is a Gift....wish I could claim credit
Thanks for your input.

cashcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm in the market for a gen4 roadster. the 08's selling prices appear to be in the mid to high 50ks, low 60ks with low mileage in great stock condition. imo

OP
OP
D

DIESELDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car is in great condition, and completely stock. Thanks for your help

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You always do what your wife says?:D Be patient with your sale or just tell your wife you have to keep the car the damn thing is not selling at all:omg:

OP
OP
D

DIESELDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most of the times I do what my wife says....not always. I have patience, but I still don't buy bananas by the bunch. Thanks.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the car on e-bay. I have not really sold or gotten any significant responses from classifieds posted on the VCA forums, but WAY more interest on e-bay.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, posting here is a really limited group. Most already have their dream car. I sold my gen3 on autotrader in 1 day, same day it posted, and guy was at my house next day with cash. Your price is good, we're just now hitting spring and prices rise now and will peak in the next 60 days, bad time to buy, good time to sell, just be a little patient and use the bigger distribution websites and it'll sell above $60k. Good luck.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm in the market for a gen4 roadster. the 08's selling prices appear to be in the mid to high 50ks, low 60ks with low mileage in great stock condition. imo

Not sure where you are getting your info from, but I track the market closely and I see sales in mid $60's to maybe low $60's if higher mileage. I would have priced it at $66-$67k to start and expect to get $63.5-$65k. The car may take a few months to sell, but you will get your price, especially with summer coming soon.

Sorry to hear you are being forced to sell the car by your wife, but wish you lots of luck with the sale.

OP
OP
D

DIESELDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank all of you guys for your really good responses, and suggestions.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wait till the new vipers hit the dealers and the street- the 08 to 10 viper will go up in price, its all mental with the public, once they see the sticker of the new ones in person, some will go look at gen 4 cars. i have seen this trend more than once, so it may happen here, maybe not, the sheeple are what makes the market.

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the car out there the spring market is here. As a fairly new Viper owner myself I was checking autotrader and the internets everyday. I bought my car off this forum through a post so you def dont know. Also post up your location as that is a big deciding factor for alot of people myself included.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would drop it down to 60K and see if that generates any looks. If you are not in any hurry to sell you have nothing to lose. Although I just saw a dealer in Vancouver, WA advertise a 2008 red coupe with 1,924 miles for only 45,400. No accidents and has the VIV (1B3JZ69Z38V200241). If it's real, it's a rediculous price (even for a dealer - which does not make sense). PM me if you want the link. Strange indeed....

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Given the low mileage I think it's fairly priced. I wouldn't reduce it more than a few thousand. As other have said problem here is likely not the price but your marketing. You need pictures and video.

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never grow up !! My facebook says I grow older not up. keep the Viper, if not, the price is very good, need great photos for marketing. be patient hold your ground. maybe some additional venues, understand that on some venues you will be lowballed. I recently sold my Vett. priced it right, nothing, nothing, then after a few weeks people were fighting over it. good luck !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang