Help Needed plz

Alnoaimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
This is my 2nd thread in here and i hope i can find an answer.
My Gen III 2006 Viper had a supercharger on it. I decided to go back to stock. My mechanic finished up everything.
Removed the supercharger and the AEM as well. Yesterday was the day to fire it up but the car wont start. The start
Button is useless. Tried over and over but couldnt figure it out. A Dodge mechanic told us that the car security system is enabled and we will not be able to start it unless we take it to the dealer to disable it.

Is that true? There is no other way to trick whatever it is in the car to start it?

Thank you in advance and i hope i could get an answer :(

OP
OP
A

Alnoaimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried today to reset whatever they call it by removing the battery for 5 minutes, Tried using panic on the key fob and unlock it again, Both didnt help :(

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not being rude. Here's the checklist. Assuming everything is connected (like positive cable to starter, battery etc) Charge battery fully (all lights go on, windows work etc), insert ignition key and turn on, depress clutch, press start button. Still nothing?

If you triggered the security disable, I think there is a warning on the dash. Get out your OBD reader and check for codes. No codes and no warnings?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
use the hidden keyhole and some "hip" on the door

OR...call me now.

Edit: Nice to speak with you...SORRY that I am not smarter!! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alnoaimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not being rude. Here's the checklist. Assuming everything is connected (like positive cable to starter, battery etc) Charge battery fully (all lights go on, windows work etc), insert ignition key and turn on, depress clutch, press start button. Still nothing?

If you triggered the security disable, I think there is a warning on the dash. Get out your OBD reader and check for codes. No codes and no warnings?

No warning light no code no check engine light

OP
OP
A

Alnoaimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So exactly what happens when you try to start it? Any lights/flickering/noise etc? Does the car lock/unlock with the key fob?

It locks and unlocks with the fob. When turn the key i get the beep sound but when i push the start button it beeps once and it doesnt crank at all

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As we discussed, would recheck/swap out the 2 ASD fuses, and the fuses to the cigar lighter and power outlet. Would also swap out the ASD relay. These steps often work on a STOCK Viper...but there are a LOT of possibilities in play here.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Does cigar lighter work? By my recollection, it and data link connector (DTC) are fused on B12 (A105 for power)...and, would be a simple solution as to lack of comm with PCM & DTC ??

Next step might be redo all plugs...o2 sensors, crank sensor, etc...and, PCM plugs. After that, trace each circuit for continuity.

OP
OP
A

Alnoaimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume that you've checked all fuses and relays. You hopefully disconnected the battery when removing everything and didn't short anything out.
I checked all the fuses and relays. The car didn't have a battery when we removed the engine

OP
OP
A

Alnoaimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we discussed, would recheck/swap out the 2 ASD fuses, and the fuses to the cigar lighter and power outlet. Would also swap out the ASD relay. These steps often work on a STOCK Viper...but there are a LOT of possibilities in play here.

I'll go throw all that tomorrow and ill let u know sir.

OP
OP
A

Alnoaimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does cigar lighter work? By my recollection, it and data link connector (DTC) are fused on B12 (A105 for power)...and, would be a simple solution as to lack of comm with PCM & DTC ??

Next step might be redo all plugs...o2 sensors, crank sensor, etc...and, PCM plugs. After that, trace each circuit for continuity.

went throw all that today sir.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you checked the ground wire on the starter.
Maybe the solenoid is bad on the starter try jumping it. (plastic handle scredriver)

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully you'll have the problem resolved soon.

Why did you have the supercharger removed?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did say that he had an AEM computer, perhaps the removal of that unit or the initial installation of it, is causing a problem now.

OP
OP
A

Alnoaimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you checked the ground wire on the starter.
Maybe the solenoid is bad on the starter try jumping it. (plastic handle scredriver)

The starter is working sir, i connected it directley if that what u mean by jumping it.. Sry for my bad english

OP
OP
A

Alnoaimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully you'll have the problem resolved soon.

Why did you have the supercharger removed?

Thank u sir,
The weather in here gets really hot in summer. It reaches 122F. And i had a bad main connecting bearing, the supercharger was leaking oil. So many things made me choose to get rid of it

OP
OP
A

Alnoaimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did say that he had an AEM computer, perhaps the removal of that unit or the initial installation of it, is causing a problem now.

I thought of that sir, so i bought the oem wiring so i dont cut and play with the aem. Replaced the whole wiring and removed the aem

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang