Help! no wheel sensors.

serpent2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAS ANY FOUND A WAY NOT TO RUN WHEEL SENSORS. CAN I UNPLUG THE SWICH IN THE DASH or not. has anyone ever tried to have tpms reprogramed not to read the sensors. I have read many post,but cant seem to find the answer. Thanks

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Whats the big deal? No sensors = 1 'chime' and thats it.

tiny letters 'lo tire' under the odometer should be passive

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan (viperspecialtyperformance) has a kit to replace the sensors. I have a second set of wheels with valve stems and like jon said 1 ding low tire and gone.

If the low tire ding and lcd display annoy you then disconnect battery put new set of tires with no sensors on and reconnect. No ding, No LCD display. Just dont get near your old sensors :D. Hope that all made sence.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't even worry about being near the old sensors. They only activate at a speed of around 20 mph (centrifugal force makes the connection to the internal battery).

I have 2 sets of wheels/tires (all 8 bald thank you) and switch back and forth. One set works and the other only has the lotire message. No biggie. I even have the equipment to reset them and do not bother.

OP
OP
S

serpent2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dinger never shuts off EVER. Ihave been told that without wheel sensors my chime wont shut off. I do not want wheel sensors,do to all the problems people have with them. Some one must have a fix for this.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The dinger never shuts off EVER. Ihave been told that without wheel sensors my chime wont shut off. I do not want wheel sensors,do to all the problems people have with them. Some one must have a fix for this.

The TWO fixes were posted above by Shandon....battery-reset or Dan at Viper Specialties.

We only ASSume you are talking about an 03-09 VIPER?

OP
OP
S

serpent2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
disconecting the batterie dosent do any thing for it,not sure why that works for some and not others. my car is a 2004... The DINGER IS WHAT IS SO ANOYING, IT DINGS NON STOP LIKE THE DOOR IS OPEN. and never shuts off {EVER}..

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seatbelt on or, ding ding ding:nono:

Seatbelt ding can be disabled... (Just had my DRL enabled and seatbelt ding disabled).

I don't recommend disabling it if there's any chance that you might forget to wear your seatbelt though. I like it disabled, because it's frustrating to have to listen to the annoying ding when you forgot something and need to get out of the car with the engine running...

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya disconnecting the battery does not work for me either................I have a set of forgeline with new sensors in them but have yet to go to the dealer and have them reprogrammed.......
like others said 1 ding and thats it. If your getting multiple dings then you better put your seatbelt on!!!!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm maybe its an 05 thing. For me here is how it works. Take tires with sensors off car and disconnect battery. Next put new wheels with valve stems on car and no sensors, reconnect battery. No light no ding for me. If this isn't working for other model years that *****. Dan can prvide a second set of programmable sensors to solve the problem though.Good luck!