Help Operating Windows From Outside

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got access to a great car carrier trailer I can use to haul my car to track events. The problem is that its fenders are higher than my door clearance and neither of them is removable. So if I could drive it on, open the top and get out, close the top and latch it through an open window, and then close the window I’d be good to go. Is there a way to operate the windows by jumping a fuse box connection under the hood the way there is to open the trunk? And no, I don’t want to trailer it or leave it parked overnight with the window open. Thanks.

K

Kaya

Top Down Solutions carries a small computer that plugs into the Computer access plug in the Corvettes and it programs your windows to open and close with your remote. Cool feature...perhaps if you contact them they could direct you to the company that designs the computer. If they make one for the Viper...then I'll buy one too. It's called a window valet...C5 creations also carries them.

The other solution is to crawl over the back of the **** and slide into the trunk and climb out the hatch of the Viper...if you are really small and flexible....I did that a few times in my Z06 and it was a PITA......

OP
OP
D

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kaya - thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to reach them in the morning. I've got a vert so can't get out the back.

SylvanSRT - it has a winch, but I believe I need to get to the steering wheel to guide it on and off. Am I wrong on this? Also, getting it off, I'd have to push against the front facia since I wouldn't have access to push against the door jamb.

OP
OP
D

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kaya - I spoke with the company that makes the Window Valet and they don't have anything for a Viper. He said that he'd get back to me if they decided to develop one for a Viper, but didn't hold out much hope. His only suggestion was to look into an aftermarket alarm system with window up/down features.

In the meantime, I've come up with a simpler solution. For about the price of the Window Valet, I can get my local welder to modify my friend's trailer to make the fender removable. He's thinking about it, but I can't imagine he wouldn't want it modified - especially for free.

K

Kaya

Good idea to modify the trailer....I was hoping window valet would make a feature for the Viper...saved us plenty of hassle... This is a picture of my husband trying to get out of the Z06 before we got the window valet.

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960