Help with Car Show Category choice . . . .

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be entering my first car show (with a Viper) this summer and need some advice on category selection for my stock 1997 GTS. There are over 30 categories but the ones I feel would be in the running are . . . . Muscle Cars, Street Rods, Mopar, Best of the 90's, Special Interest. I could always call the shows' organizer but thought I would ask here first.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Best of the 90's

Probably the only competition you'll be facing is Mustangs and vettes. If your car is clean you should take home the trophy. Kamloop's Hot Night In The City was 450extreme quality cars with 12 classes. I took "90 to current Collector Car" Class easily. I do have quite a few mods, but the closest was a '05 supercharged Mustang GT that had about $100,000 into it. Only vette in class had a stereo and some minor 'bling' mods.

Laker's Car Show had a vette and some Ricer stuff. Vette closed his hood when he saw what was under mine.

Viper definitely gets the talk as soon as you register.

"Specialty" Class usually has a lot of big bucks customs and full race cars. Since they don't get driven it's not a good class to enter.

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc