Help with input on a nice Viper in Nebraska? '02 GTS, $40K

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car was reported in a accident in Aug, of 2006 was little damage

Salvage title?

still under factory warranty through Daimler-Chrysler. Bumper to bumper warranty until 12/28/2011

Is Chrysler still honoring them with the bankruptcy and all?

This car has only had services done by Woodhouse Dodge Viper dealership.

Maybe Bill can chime in if he recognizes the car.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys did a great job of letting me know what to look for on the GTS in Houston. Any input on this '02 GTS based on the ad or past experience with this car?

Looks a hell of a lot better than the Houston car. AND you have Bill from Woodhouse on the Forum.

Heat shields are missing btw.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't NEED to keep the heat shields but if you wanna cut back on heat and keep the wires safer, use them.

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Salvage title? No, it's a regular title. The accident was minor.

That's a GOOD question ... maybe the guy from the dealer can fill us in on that.

The headers are after-market, so maybe the shields just remained off. The owner seems to have taken good care of the car and is selling due to getting married, getting a bigger house and starting a family. He isn't on the board (darn!).

He's offered pictures of any part of the car if you guys have any ideas of something that needs to be checked before I cash in some options and fly up there.

Thanks again for the help and being gentle with a NOOB. I'm learning a lot, but there's a long way to go.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to Bill or Mark at Woodhouse. I am sure they would give it a Thorough inspection for you. It would be worth your time.

Bruce

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Salvage title? No, it's a regular title. The accident was minor.

That's a GOOD question ... maybe the guy from the dealer can fill us in on that.

The headers are after-market, so maybe the shields just remained off. The owner seems to have taken good care of the car and is selling due to getting married, getting a bigger house and starting a family. He isn't on the board (darn!).

He's offered pictures of any part of the car if you guys have any ideas of something that needs to be checked before I cash in some options and fly up there.

Thanks again for the help and being gentle with a NOOB. I'm learning a lot, but there's a long way to go.

Get some pictures of the rear quarter rivets, will tell if the quarters have been painted.

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to Bill or Mark at Woodhouse. I am sure they would give it a Thorough inspection for you. It would be worth your time.

Bruce

If either are on the boards, do you know of this car? If so, give me a call at 817.917.0181 and fill me in. Otherwise, I may have to call and try to set up an inspection. To be honest with you guys, after what I got back from the dealer in Houston, I'm a little stand-offish on doing that. Their input was pretty much USELESS! If Bill or Mark reads this and are on the boards, I would appreciate their help.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a nice car, but I would opt for a car that has not been in an accident.....it does have some nice options though.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems a little steep on the price for a car that had a little damage!Doesnt mean its not worth pursuing but I would think price needs to come down a bit.Woodhouse service makes it nice as you will be able to get a first hand report on the car possibly the damage also_Otherwise I love the color combo,Good Luck!!!

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I talked with Mark at Woodhouse this morning and not only was he able to give me some info, he's intimately familiar with this specific car (local owner). The car gets a thumbs-up from Woodhouse and it looks like I will be heading to Nebraska next weekend!:D

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I talked with Mark at Woodhouse this morning and not only was he able to give me some info, he's intimately familiar with this specific car (local owner). The car gets a thumbs-up from Woodhouse and it looks like I will be heading to Nebraska next weekend!:D

Can't get a better endorsement than that! Good luck and we want PICS!!

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, just heard today that the owner had been talking to someone else a couple of weeks ago and he is supposedly wiring the price plus an extra $1,000 today. Guess I just got it bought out from under me!:omg:

Too bad, I was looking forward to becoming one of the few, the proud, the VIPER OWNERS.

I REALLY like the '02 GTS body style and raw power. If anyone has one sitting in the garage that they want to go to a REALLY good owner, let me or DarcShadow know ... I'm going to continue my quest. Thanks again for the help, guys. I really do appreciate your input.:headbang:

V

Venomiss

Maybe it was meant to be so you could take advantage of the low interest offers on the newer ones....

Good luck with your search.

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really wanting a GTS ... the RT is nice, but I've always wanted the GTS body style. I think I found a really nice one in Florida ... DLM is looking at it tomorrow for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang