Help! with wrecked Viper

splashwash

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last night I smashed my 97 GTS pretty good in the front and need some help. I was excellerating hard in 1st and realized as I hit second my throttle was stuck wide open. I slid around and hit a pole. My fault because my mind didn't tell me to push in the clutch quick enough to keep it under control. Sand on the roads didn't help either. Again, I should'nt have hit it where I did.

So I am looking for a very good place to have it fixed in Central Fla.
Second the hood is buckled pretty good. Please tell me they won't put bondo on my 97 with 12k miles. It was perfect prior to the wreck.
Third, should I ask my insurance company for depreciation as it will be devalued upon repair.

Thanks so much.
Extremely bummed owner. :crazy:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd get that ol "my throttle was stuck wide open" fixed, or your gonna hit another pole or a car. Sorry for your loss Mr. Wash, but i gotta tell ya. Could it have been something else than your Throttle stuck wide open? I've owned 4 vipers & i have never had a throttle stuck in the open position before.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you get the car repaired well and will be back on the road soon again!

Usually when my throttle bodies gets stuck "Wide Open" the problem was the linkage between my toes and brain....

OP
OP
S

splashwash

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In this case my brain failed but the throttle was and still is stuck open. I drove the car home in 2nd gear featherint the clutch for the mile or so it took. It didn't just open on its own. I hit it but it stayed open. Thus I failed to react quickly enough and damage occured. You can see where the wheels were spinning even after the pole stopped the car.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My insurance replaced my hood on my '94 Viper (with a Gen2 hood to boot!) - I thought it was very repairable...just a little kerf in one corner and some other small stuff. Insurance appraiser almost insisted I replace it.

Leaf001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I smashed in the hood, front valance, and broke open the radiator on my '94 a couple of years ago. Insuance Co. totaled it.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To unstick the throttle, give a tug to the floormat. It is mosly likely what caused the pedal to stick. (happened to me)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey splashwash,
Call Larry Macedo on Monday(407-246-6511), his shop in Orlando takes care of all the Viper in the area and can help you with you car too. Sorry to hear this happened. Good luck,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohed2003