Hennessey 2008 ACR in One Lap of America ..... looking good !!!!

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In fact, tell me who the "pro" driver is and I'll tell him myself !!!

Tony, he is the one driving the Cayman S Porsche. I said I was not aware of these, and he replied that it did in fact have that stuff in it. He is also a fanboy of the freakin Nissan GTR. :rolaugh:

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, he is the one driving the Cayman S Porsche. I said I was not aware of these, and he replied that it did in fact have that stuff in it. He is also a fanboy of the freakin Nissan GTR. :rolaugh:

So it's either
5 Porsche Cayman GTR, drivers: Donald Barnes or Leh Keen

Do you know which one ? Pm sent with my number.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the ACR won today's first event at CMP and the Porsche was 30 seconds behind the ACR. :D

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR still has a very good chance of catching the leader. Even though DaVia's Porsche is back to full power, it still got beat by the ACR. It has now won 9 out of 9 road courses, thats just amazing.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My god another sweep. This is unfair folks plain and simple LMAO. Everyone else brought a knife to this gunfight. This has to be the most dominant display of nose thumbing of the competition Ive ever seen. I cant wait to see if C&D gives the ACR its just deserve. It should have a few pages dedicated to it aside from the other entrants.

This is simply the automotive equivalent of the Jonestown Massacre. No excuses from any camps. Dont want to hear nothing about a weak field of cars etc. The ACR is beating up on the badest of the bad the past 4 straight years in Davia Porsche. He won a few with the Hen Viper braking or having problems in the past. I dont even think that a 100% Davia Porsche could make a dent in the ACR. Im officially amazed at SRT and what they have accomplished with the ACR in such a short time even if the ACR doesnt win it overall. 9 straight and counting. Incredible.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i doubt we will see C&D giving the acr it's deserve .... the editor of the magazine is driving the gtr....Tony Swan has been drooling over the gtr for months and it has shown in his articles and the moronic US public ***** it up like their third stack of pancakes at IHOP...it's probably too late for him to change his bias

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is simply the automotive equivalent of the Jonestown Massacre.

Bad analogy... the leader in Jonestown died with the rest of em. And it wasn't as much a massacre as it was a mass suicide. This is more like Rambo going in and killing everyone in sight with nothing more than a flesh wound (wet skid pad). :D

Live2Race

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just curious . On some other forums they are listing this ACR as Far From Stock.. Traction Control, Yada yada.. Does anyone know what is the NO BS real mods are to this car and how far from a stock acr it really is.. Here is what I heard.. Just looking to verify.. This is a Bone Stock As delivered ACR with Headers and Exhaust, K&N Filter, PS2 tires ( Onelap doesn't allow cups ), detuned suspension for ps2's ( he said he heard them talking that the acr suspension is setup more for the cups so it was to aggressive for a 5000 mile journey and the ps2's ) and more camber in the front. This was told to a friend of mine that is running one lap.. If that's all this ACR has then WOW... awesome job SRT..

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad analogy... the leader in Jonestown died with the rest of em. And it wasn't as much a massacre as it was a mass suicide. This is more like Rambo going in and killing everyone in sight with nothing more than a flesh wound (wet skid pad). :D

:doh2:I concur. :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just curious . On some other forums they are listing this ACR as Far From Stock.. Traction Control, Yada yada.. Does anyone know what is the NO BS real mods are to this car and how far from a stock acr it really is.. Here is what I heard.. Just looking to verify.. This is a Bone Stock As delivered ACR with Headers and Exhaust, K&N Filter, PS2 tires ( Onelap doesn't allow cups ), detuned suspension for ps2's ( he said he heard them talking that the acr suspension is setup more for the cups so it was to aggressive for a 5000 mile journey and the ps2's ) and more camber in the front. This was told to a friend of mine that is running one lap.. If that's all this ACR has then WOW... awesome job SRT..

From the tuner:
- 1 7/8 inch Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
- Full 3 inch Stainless Steel Exhaust System
- High Flow Catalytic Converters
- K&N Air filter Element
- Light-weight 2-piece Cross-drilled Brake Rotor Upgrade (front & rear)

No gremlins, magic or fancy cup-holders. Just your bully-in-the-playground, *** kickin ACR Viper and a V10. Now go spread the news to the whiners on the other forums. My goodness...why can't people come to terms with this ACR??? SRT doesn't mess around.

Live2Race

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.. I seen the Black with Charcoal Stripes one that SRT has out on the street and man is that thing SWEEET!!!!!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.. I seen the Black with Charcoal Stripes one that SRT has out on the street and man is that thing SWEEET!!!!!!

There should be more out on the streets soon. It'll be interesting to see the different color combinations out there . Wish I could afford one.

Live2Race

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.. I was doing some quick math.. As of right now .. On the 9 Road Course Events.. Chris has beat second place by 1min 34.08seconds and has beat Davia By 1min 56.38seconds total.. That's CRAZY!! I think the ACR and Chris's Motto should be Freaky Fast, Freaky Good.. Oh wait that's already taken..

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From the tuner:
- 1 7/8 inch Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
- Full 3 inch Stainless Steel Exhaust System
- High Flow Catalytic Converters
- K&N Air filter Element
- Light-weight 2-piece Cross-drilled Brake Rotor Upgrade (front & rear)

K&N filter? Oh, big mod there. 2-pc cross-drilled rotors? The stock 2-pc ACR rotors may be better. Exhaust? Many, if not most cars that run one-lap have upgraded exhausts.

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At the end of wed a 65 point sep with a 10 owta 10 win on the road course. Not too shabby:drive:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K&N filter? Oh, big mod there. 2-pc cross-drilled rotors? The stock 2-pc ACR rotors may be better. Exhaust? Many, if not most cars that run one-lap have upgraded exhausts.

Forgot about these:
- Less aggressive suspension (factory kw system is designed for sport cups)
- race seat
- 5-point harness
- track alignment spec
- used set of sidewinder wheels with 18/19 ps2 tires (oem 2008 viper spec)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot about these:
- Less aggressive suspension (factory kw system is designed for sport cups)
- race seat
- 5-point harness
- track alignment spec
- used set of sidewinder wheels with 18/19 ps2 tires (oem 2008 viper spec)

Wow... that's such an unfair advantage! No wonder the ACR is kicking butt! :rolleyes: (sarcasm directed at the whiners)

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the Cayman is out of the race. This is what Leh Keen posted

"and guys... while i was posting riding in the car... we hit a deer at about 50....

we are done....

i will talk more tomorrow

dam....."

Red Coachwhip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow... that's such an unfair advantage! No wonder the ACR is kicking butt! :rolleyes: (sarcasm directed at the whiners)

Yeah, I wanna see the magazines saying that "The H*****y ACR won, but it was a heavily modified car. In the bang to the buck category, the (insert Z06, GT-R... heck, even Yaris or Smart ForTwo) just kicked its rear end with their awesome cupholders, impressive MPG and astonishing gizmos such as AM/FM radio and dual-zone climate control."
:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

MattInNC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I wanna see the magazines saying that "The H*****y ACR won, but it was a heavily modified car. In the bang to the buck category, the (insert Z06, GT-R... heck, even Yaris or Smart ForTwo) just kicked its rear end with their awesome cupholders, impressive MPG and astonishing gizmos such as AM/FM radio and dual-zone climate control."
:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

You said YARIS. :lmao:

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper reportedly lost the two morning sessions at VIR to the Porsche.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy that porsche must be so heavily modded to beat a near stock Viper. It must have be running a rocket engine. :rolleyes:

If you call hennessey's viper near stock then these certainly are peers. I dont call a near 100 hp gain, near stock.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because track was wet this morning, he ACR spun out on a turn which is what cost them the race. It cost them some points and most likely wont be able to catch the leader at this point. Either way the ACR was the most dominant and feared car there. I can guarantee that DaVia and his Porsche was worried. The ACR is faster than the Porsche by a long shot even though the Porsche will win. That wet skid pad race worth so many points is a joke and cost them 1st place.