Here are some pics for those afraid to drive their viper in the rain

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What on earth could have been in Edmonton that was so important!!!
My hat's off to you, I've driven that road many times in the winter (looks like the Cochihalla to me, #5 Hope to Kamloops), but wouldn't try it in my GTS!

Asp,

That is exactly where this is, this was the nice easy slushy part of the drive B4 the blizzard stuff hit. Aand to be quite honest with you I wouldn't drive my GTS in that stuff either, SRT10's are much easier to drive in rain and snow for some reason.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you still parked on the front lawn...

:D

Jay K.

LOL, nope, that car's sold. Funny thing is, that same situation happened to me two years in a row, got near identical pics, each time I was down in sunny Florida with 2 Vipers Chuck, Gerald, etc., and come back to frozen ice wasteland NC, and had to drive on solid ice and park in my front yard (didn't want to even consider trying to negotiate the driveway and risk sliding into my truck or not getting lined up right for the garage, and certainly didn't want to park on the street where it would be easy for someone to slide into the Viper!).

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good tosee someone putting the miles on their snake

I have driven my (purchased new) Viper over 25,000 miles in the first 27 months. I drive in the rain but can't bring myself to subject it to the salted roads found here in IA during the winter. Consequently, it has really been on the road for less than 21 months.

I am NOT saving my Viper, I am enjoying it!!!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have driven my (purchased new) Viper over 25,000 miles in the first 27 months. I drive in the rain but can't bring myself to subject it to the salted roads found here in IA during the winter. Consequently, it has really been on the road for less than 21 months.
I am NOT saving my Viper, I am enjoying it!!!!

Same here...we'll drive in any weather until the salt flies...then the car is unfortunately garaged, and we have such LOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGG winters....not looking forward to that...so we drive when we can too...like you said, not saving the Viper, but saving the undercarriage!!!! We have what's known as a 'slurry' that in ONE winter caused a hole under my hood, ate it away (my daily driver)....it's AWFUL stuff...rather have salt....so no, we do NOT Viper out in the salt/snow. I hear ya on all you are saying!!! ~juli

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it hilarious how so many people act so dependent on traction control and electronic handling gizmos. Anyone here still drive classic musclecars? My '70 454 Chevelle and my 10-second '69 Camaro streetcars didn't have any electronics and drive just fine. Even got stuck in a tropical storm driving back from Florida on Power Tour 2005....on drag radials.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it hilarious how so many people act so dependent on traction control and electronic handling gizmos. Anyone here still drive classic musclecars? My '70 454 Chevelle and my 10-second '69 Camaro streetcars didn't have any electronics and drive just fine. Even got stuck in a tropical storm driving back from Florida on Power Tour 2005....on drag radials.

Oh yeah, been there, done that!!! Lived in the snowbelt, had to have snow tires/studded tires....no muscle car in the winter~~~I turn my traction control OFF in the snow...it does NOT help me...it's good for rain/icy roads...that's about it...I always drive with it 'OFF'.
NOT helpful!!! ~juli

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, I can only imagine how dirty your car would have been after driving through that mess :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine