Here ya go guys.....tear it apart.....lol

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like it may work.

Ive seen worse. Get that and the vipair. Thats like a 25 HP gain (but really feels like 90 - whatever that ever was suppost to mean. :)

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, at least 30 pages....Did I read correctly that at full RPM this thing will push 150 CFM into each throttle body? That'a total of 300 on a Viper. Hmmmmm, basic math says that a 650 CFM carb on a chevy ***** that much and that's a 5.7 liter V8, so the CFM at WOT on a 8.0 liter Viper would be higher, thus this electric squirrel cage (or hamster wheel) will be a restriction to air-flow. Maybe it would add a few HP to a Yugo, but it also costs more than a Yugo.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what? If people are stupid enough to pay 160 clams for that, I might just start selling them myself. Hell, I could use the money.

10% discount for VCA members :)

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, at least 30 pages....Did I read correctly that at full RPM this thing will push 150 CFM into each throttle body? That'a total of 300 on a Viper. Hmmmmm, basic math says that a 650 CFM carb on a chevy ***** that much and that's a 5.7 liter V8, so the CFM at WOT on a 8.0 liter Viper would be higher, thus this electric squirrel cage (or hamster wheel) will be a restriction to air-flow. Maybe it would add a few HP to a Yugo, but it also costs more than a Yugo.

Come one man!! Both logic and fact are not welcome on a thread like this. :)

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dont want no facts, don't want no dyno sheets, just tell me how good it looks on my car! Do I need two of these babies, can you get them chromed?
SapphireGTS (Scott?) Coming back home?

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont want no facts, don't want no dyno sheets, just tell me how good it looks on my car! Do I need two of these babies, can you get them chromed?
SapphireGTS (Scott?) Coming back home?

Yes I am. Dec 19th. I lived in Columbus for 25 years. I need to get involved with some Ohio viper stuff when I move back so someone needs to fill me in.

Ive been to Xenia . . . Have you heard of the movie Gummo? 2nd most disturbing movie I have ever seen.

-Keith

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need that for my home made swamp cooler. I'd give $10 for a squirrel cage blower.

OP
OP
O

OLXRAM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
UH OH.......some of the customers remarks.....

Complaint : no power gains as described, poorly packaged, not enough wire
Response by pthawk47 - Unpleasant customer to deal with, not satisfied with anything

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keith: Been asked about that movie before, I don't know anything about it.

There are several of us Roe SC people here now. We can get together and see how to fit these nice electric turbo units to the front of the SC. I do think that $1000 per for chrome is too high, I might go $900 per for show quality chrome though. Look way cool between my vipair and SC.
Anyone else out there with turbo superchargers?

S

Stang7900

I installed 4 of them on my viper in series, feels like another 75 hp, will dyno next week.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith: Been asked about that movie before, I don't know anything about it.

There are several of us Roe SC people here now. We can get together and see how to fit these nice electric turbo units to the front of the SC. I do think that $1000 per for chrome is too high, I might go $900 per for show quality chrome though. Look way cool between my vipair and SC.
Anyone else out there with turbo superchargers?

I sticking one in my tail pipe (OF MY CAR) to **** exhaust air out faster.

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...must be designed for the "Vamaro" we've all seen on e-bay so many times :p

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That type of fan design will not produce any signifigant pressure, and the rpm is not high enough to produce enough CFMs for a V6, let alone a 488 cubic inch V10. That fan design has forward curved blades, that produce fair amount of volume, and some pressure, as a function of RPM, but this type of fan design cannot supply any real pressure when the air flow is restricted, in other words, its got no closed circuit pressure. So coupled to an engine, the air flow is restricted, the air flow slows, and the pressure drops to almost nothing. The best that can be acheived with that design is only a slight increase in performance, at fairly low RPMs.

Been there, done that, (not on a Viper, was done as an experiment on a V6 Dakota). I even went to the next stage, with reverse curved blades that produce more pressure, but it still needed more CFMs. An AC motor, fed with Variable Voltage and Variable Frequency, (VVVF) would yeild a blower that could follow the varying CFM requirement as the engine RPM changes, negating the need for a blow-off valve. Interesting project, but not worth the time.

A Roots, or twin screw blower already has the proper characteristics for the Viper, provided the correct size pulley is used for the right CFMs. Then the next hurdle is the engine tuning, fuel mix, spark advance, etc. That is the hardest part, the engine tuning.

You gotta respect Doug Levin, Sean Roe, et al, for all their engineering.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's no good to me unless it can pass the chicken test.

What happens when you throw a chicken through the fan at 100mph?

Preferably not frozen... unless you work for the RAF in Britain then you might like to try that...

Frozen chickens didn't work on their Fighter jets either.... they found that thawed out ones went thru the vanes a tad easier :D