Hey how much rain comes in without the top on LOL

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ask me how I know, got caught today full convertible style in a breif but hard downpour. Would have had to be right after I washed it too. The sun was shining, warm 65* temps and the only rain cloud in the sky came over me and dumped it down hard :omg: Was one of the rare times that I took the wife with me too, actually it was pretty funny/memorable. A beautiful red Viper flying low and soaked owners :rolaugh: :rolaugh:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That happened to me a lot last year (2010). I put new tires on my RT/10 last year having not driven the car all of 2009 due to old tires at the time. The day I finally got my tires put on and when my wife got home from work we went out for a drive. First time I had the car out since October of 2008 and what happens....we get rained on. :mad: Every time I took that car out last year I got rained on. Hopefully 2011 will bring better luck. :)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
cfiiman, glad to hear that you got to drive it again...and, after all, you do know a detailer!!! :)

Happy New Year!!!!

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my Gen I experience...

Less rain with the top off than on :rolaugh:

Top only serves to channel the water stream directly into your eyes :lmao:

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking the same thing Kala. My first thought was how much rain comes in with the top on? Got a half inch in the foot well while it was parked (VOI at Indy, very wet at that event).

From my Gen I experience...

Less rain with the top off than on :rolaugh:

Top only serves to channel the water stream directly into your eyes :lmao:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep. First time my Snake ever got rained on was during VOI #1 at CTC for the panoramic photo. There weren't many of us who knew how to assemble the top - and we were in high demand.:D

Ominous clouds in that VOI-1 Photo! I bet I installed 20 tops that day.....me and Pete Agalzoff, and Dean too...folks were waving $20 bills at us to come and install their ****** tops.....

My car was so full full of water I could have transported large goldfish in the seat............................ without a fishbowl!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4