Hey ROCKET62 What's the Status?

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ROCKET62 What\'s the Status?

Rocket62,

I was wondering how you like your custom exhaust setup.

Did you install the Moroso Spirals and the Bullit mufflers? If so, did it eliminate the drone and tone the volume down at cruising speed?

Does it still come alive at WOT?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Re: Hey ROCKET62 What\'s the Status?

Interesting you should ask. I should be completely done this weekend and will do a complete post - hopefully including some sound bites. I did install the Moroso Spiral Flow mufflers in front of the Borla XR 1 Sportsman muffler after the Dynatech Powercat cat converters. The Moroso definitely takes the edge off the Borla, eliminates the drone, and is slightly louder than stock - while still being a straight through system. I would say that it sounds like a deeper corsa exhaust sound. I am trying to get the Bullet Dual wall tips to fit on the system as well.

Heres a few pics and I hope to have some sound bites this weekend. From left to right:
Flowmaster Ball Flange, 3" 3-Ply Flex Pipe. 3" Stainless Bend, Dynatech PowerCat, Moroso Spiral Flow, Borla XR-1 Sportsman, Bullet 4" O.D. Dual Wall Tip.
5122exhaust_parts-med.JPG

5122assembled_exhaust-med.JPG

5122Dynatech_cat_vs_stock-med.JPG

Ever wonder why the stock cats burn your feet? Those stock cats are nuclear! Here they've burnt the aluminum side sill insulation:

5122nuclear_stock_cat_burn_marks-med.JPG

OP
OP
B

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Rocket62. I am looking forward to hearing your soundbites.

I am most concened with eliminating the drone and overall exhaust tone volume at low to cruising speeds, however keeping the explosive WOT loudness volume and tone.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the loudest volume and drone.

How would you rate the drone and overall loudness of your system without the Moroso?

How would you rate the drone and overall loudness of the system with the Moroso?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

As sound and loudness is subjective - here would be my ratings:

My Jeep Grand Cherokee - 1.
Stock Viper Exhaust - 3.
High Flow Cat, Borla - 9.
High Flow Cat, Moroso Spiral Flow, Borla - 6~6.5 .

I would definitely say that the Spiral Flow takes off the edge of the Borla and the drone. The Video/Sound file is on the large size at 11mb and for some reason, I could not upload it to the media gallery. Not sure if your yahoo mail account will accept a file over 10mb as if I try to use Yahoo, it will not let me send over 10mb.

OP
OP
B

BigSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Rocket62, regarding loudness, you are correct, sound is subjective, however, your ratings is what I needed to move forward with the Moroso Spirals...

I appreciate the info. Hopefully, if you can upload the file, we can all enjoy the video/sound file. :)

Thanks again..