Hi Everybody..looking for an RT-10

OP
OP
Q

Quadcammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, I certainly don't plan on paying 40k for this vehicle. I was thinking about 33-34k.

I don't care about the 708 cam or forged pistons. I will not be supercharging this vehicle, and actually the hyper pistons are better for NA applications, imho.

I would like abs, but its not a deal breaker for me.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a little late joining in on this discussion. Since I just bought my '00 RT/10 in Nov, I figured my two cents might be worth a little something.

My friend has had his viper since early 2007 and throughout the summer he tried to convince me to buy one. Finally around Sept Oct 07 I started looking. I did the ebay thing, the exotic car lot thing, and the auto trader thing. Found a few a bit pricey and wasn't real comfortably with ebay or the lots. Late Oct came and I stumbled accross NascarDave's ad on the VCA Classifieds. Long story short, I ended up buying his without even seeing it in person. He was trustworthy being a director of a region of the VCA and had a great reputation from members. :2tu:

I took delivery and I've been smiling ear to ear since. If there was anything that I learned that I could pass on the another early 20's viper shopper, it's this: Avoid ebay, avoid the lots, be patient and one will pop up with your name written all over it. Trust the VCA members... they are good people and would never steer you wrong.

Glad to see your seeking out an RT/10. These are the best vipers ever produced :headbang:. Everyone knows black is the best color! Best of luck with your venture, can't wait to see your status change to owner.

:usa:

OP
OP
Q

Quadcammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gen2, thanks for the pm. Sadly, the canadian dollar is stronger than the US dollar, so the price is a touch high for me right now. Also, i couldn't tell, do you have the cognac interior?

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad news, this is NOT the car you are looking for. Quite obviously used "heavily" with less care...

For better (larger) pictures go to my photo gallery, or look under 2000 RT's in gallery...

Quadcammer, I sent you the remaining 20 pictures. Keep looking, I'm confident there are MANY nice Vipers on the market right now. I would start a new post that you are looking for a RT/10.
Quite a few VCA members may be "upgrading" cars right now, you may find a great car for same amount of money.

DSCN7417.JPG

DSCN7420.JPG

DSCN7432.JPG

DSCN7435.JPG

DSCN7425.JPG

DSCN7441.JPG

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:)Bought my 2001 RT/10 Sapphire Blue/black interior with 41K miles on it right before winter. Had both tops, front and rear spoiler in great shape and stock except for smooth tubes and K&N's. I thought I did pretty good paying 34K for it at a dealer compared to anything else I looked at. Others I looked at were either in lesser condition or higher miles for about the same $$$. If I was more patient I might have found one a little less but I liked this car and it was what I wanted. If you see a "fair" deal you should jump on it if you are being selective on color or other options! IMO :drive:

OP
OP
Q

Quadcammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id like to publicly thank Redenuf93 for looking at this car in such great detail.

Im passing on this one, so if anybody else knows a good one, let me know.

thanks

V

venms96

What a great job at checking a car out by RedEnuf.......that's what a "club" should be all about. Great pics and detail, and arrows showing information......helluva job there ! :2tu:

Quad - if you gotta have that tobacco interior, then wait it out - don't rush into something. Not a whole lot of cars with that interior though, so, if you're stuck on that, it might be a longer wait. All upto you.......a great experience to shop for a Viper, but don't get into something that you really didn't want 100%.

:usa:

OP
OP
Q

Quadcammer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anywhere from 35k for a high miler, to about 45 (preferably less) for a pristine low mile car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc