Hi Flow Cats and Stock Muffler

rey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kicking around the idea of getting some Roe Hi Flow cats and utilizing the stock muffler. All the cat back systems I've heard are loud and they drone. I want to cool down the side sills nd get a better sound when I blip the throttle.

OP
OP
R

rey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vehicle is a 1999 GTS no mods. Smooth tubes and S&B filters coming...

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 2 hf cats do not cool unless you at least take out the rear muffler. I have tried. After that I called John B and went with RT 3'' cat back.It is loud! I like it but you could also just get the rear section 2 1/2 to 3''. The tips are very well made, it is also an x pipe.You will save 15-20 lbs +- ;)

OP
OP
R

rey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for the reply. Seems like I gotta change the stock muffler.

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AT LEAST THE REAR SECTION . IMO. 'Randomtech 3" Rear Sub Assembly PARTS RACK"

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gen 2 hf cats do not cool unless you at least take out the rear muffler. I have tried. After that I called John B and went with RT 3'' cat back.It is loud! I like it but you could also just get the rear section 2 1/2 to 3''. The tips are very well made, it is also an x pipe.You will save 15-20 lbs +- ;)

EXACTLY.. if cats can't flow more due to the restricted stock exhaust, It can't run any cooler

My neighbor is a fireman.
He has some short lengths of surplus firehose.
If I splice one into my garden hose, will I get more pressure out the nozzle?
Nope.

Last edited:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
which high flow cats are better? The stock out of rt's or others. I might pick them up because of the smell...I m running 3' corsa with cat delete right now...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang