HID kit group buy - problem

DMC94

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
A few months ago there was a group buy of HID kits for a good price. I received my kit but like many of us didn't have time to install it until my vacation came up. BUT, the bulb won't fit!! I noted the bulb that came with the car has a red O-ring while the HID bulb has a yellow O-ring and what appears to be a larger flange than the OEM bulb. Any suggestions from the Viper Nation? The following is a link that made me think I may have the wrong bulb: http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=500476&Forum=All_Forums&Words=HID&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=500476&Search=true#Post500476

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the same group buy; I'm in the exact same boat as you. AB sent me the contact info for the guy who sold the kits, and I spoke with him/sent the kit back. My specific kit was supposed to contain 9005 bulbs, but actually had 9006 bulbs. Even though he examined the kit and concedes that it is new/unused, and the factory mismarked/packed the wrong bulbs, he said he couldn't exchange it (even under warranty; I sent mine back last year) due to the date marked on the bulbs. Do your bulbs have a date marked on them (I didn't hear about this until after the bulbs left my hands)? Apparently, the factory uses the date code to determine the warranty coverage (I don't know how that accounts for sitting in store inventory, but...). His alternatives were to:
a) buy a new set of correct bulbs (@~$120)
b) sell them to someone else, and buy a new kit (his discounted price is about the current going rate)
c) use them in some other car.
None of these are particularly satisfactory, so he's still currently sitting on my kit. I'm debating using them in my foglamps if they will fit. I'd like to hear if you come up with something.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hey Jon...eat me dipshet.

Obaa, You never contacted me on your unresolved issue. I had some others that had the wrong kits but they contacted me and it was resolved ASAP. Infact one of the kits were lost and I paid for a new kit out of my pocket to replace his.

At this point, I don't know if there is anything I can do with the dealer since this is NEW news to me now. It's been way over a couple of months on this group buy. Email me and I will see if that dealer is still around.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow... this is way old.... I was in that group buy and had the same problem. I contacted Ab... he got it straightened out quickly. In fact the replacement kit was lost in shipping.... and Ab got that straightened out too.

I'm not sure what a shister is....(maybe you meant shyster)...... but Ab certainly was "stand up" and helped me with my problem. I am surprised the dealer won't make good on it now?

Good luck!

NguyenJ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much was the kit? If you got a group buy it must've been cheaper. HID kit runs for around $300 only. What you guys get it for $250? Should've just went on ebay. :rolleyes:

James Bell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the bulb is a 9006 instead of the 9005 it still fits some Vipers. The 1994 uses a 9006 low beam and a 9005 high beam. I checked the Sylvania bulb fit guide and it listed several different 9006 applications for Vipers. How much will you sell the kit?

OP
OP
DMC94

DMC94

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Problem Solved!
ab found someone to exchange my 9006 bulbs for 9005 bulbs that went in with no problem and worked perfectly (once the leads were exchanged). Thanx to ab for your help in getting this resolved!!!! :headbang:

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey AB,

I purchased one of the HID kits during the group buy as well. I had not installed it because I sold my viper and just recently purchased a 2001.

So I tried to install it tonight but the bulb base is not the correct size. Mine also has the yellow O-ring. Did they mispackage 9006 bulbs in a 9005 box? Can you help me with replacing/exchanging this for the correct size? What do I need to do? Thanks for the help...

Regards,

Dave S
01 RT/10 :usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4